BIAB - Where to Get Large Fine Bags?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultravista

Reaction score
To the BIAB brewers ...

Where do you get your large fine mesh bags? I have been using a voile panel and while it works, a rectangular panel isn't as easy as a bag.

Is there a store bought solution?

I bought a bunch of these, they're the perfect size for 5g batches, holds 10# of grain easily. I've had a few holes in the seam, and we just hand stitched them up.

Anyone have a bag they use with a keggle? I use the paint bags with my 30qt turkey fryer but would like to be able to use my keggle for bigger batches.

I got hooked on BIAB five or six batches ago. I brew beer and I like to sew. There, I said it. Anyway, I realized there was no one making bags and the size of the bag is important in that it should fill out inside your kettle. I put together a website to offer to make bags for BIAB sized to fit your kettle, even keggles, which the size the bag shown on my website is designed to fit. I don't have the pay pal option finished but take a look and if you are interested you can email me through the site or pm me here. The bags have strong webbing around the top and four handles, which comes in handy if you suspend the bag. I am planning to charge $35 which includes shipping in the US.
http://bagbrewer.com/

Back