Cleaning beer ang gas lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustavo

Reaction score
Hello I was about to clean my beer lines and tap, when I noticed I was out of sanitizing solution. I was wondering if maybe I could use anything else or maybe boil the lines, or would it be easier to just replace them?

Clean with warm water and line safe detergent, rinse, cycle sanitizer through done
or
Rinse well with warm line safe detergent, rinse well and call it good.

If you have issues with it then your lines were probably due for a change out anyways to be honest.

Depends on what you have access to, I use Glosan at work which is the same stuff we use to clean our tanks and general cleaning.

I don't keg at home so not sure what others use but I am sure someone can chime in before too long.

I run hot oxyclean through then a hot water rinse, then starsan.

between each keg I run the PBW solution out the tap, then warm water then sanitizer.

I figure I've already got it in the keg, might as well run it through the lines.

I usually just rinse with water and every 3rd keg give it a nice clean with oxi clean but that's me. I've had the same lines for 2 years now no problems.

The hoses will not survive boiling temps. Better to just get some more Star San and do it up right.

I also use a push of PBW, rinse water, then Star San solution in my lines, from the keg that just kicked. Since I'm typically cleaning the keg out anyway (using the same solutions) it just makes sense to run some through the lines (plus it goes through the liquid dip tube). I use another CO2 source for this, so that I don't have to even think about reaching in for the gas lines (brew fridge, not kegorator/keezer).

Back