• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

100 liter jacketed conical fermentors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethfdabomb

Reaction score
for sale or for trade for Sabco or similar system.
5 available
Stainless steel
100 liters
Glycol Jacketed
Racking arm
Metric thermometer
Metric pressure gauge
CIP nozzle
Rubber leveling shoes
Designed in the USA
Made in China

For more pictures or questions pm

photo(28).JPG

photo(25).JPG

photo(24).JPG

photo(26).JPG

photo(27).JPG

Hi, not being a hater but your pricing is way out of line with reality. What you are asking is what morebeer charges for a heated cooled 27 gallon fermenter. 1 BBL jacketed fermenters on eBay made in USA for $1500!

marcb said:
Hi, not being a hater but your pricing is way out of line with reality. What you are asking is what morebeer charges for a heated cooled 27 gallon fermenter. 1 BBL jacketed fermenters on eBay made in USA for $1500!

These are really good looking fermenters btw!

While pricey, they are under what is commercially available elsewhere. For example, Glacier Tanks sells a jacketed 27gal for $2925.

Best of luck with the sale.

I admit, they are a little pricey. When compared to Glacier tanks ( a more accurate comparison and insulated tank) they are far below their price. From experience I can tell that Glacier tanks are also made in China too. The story behind these is I wanted two nice aesthetically pleasing tanks for my bar in the basement. Unfortunately it’s really hard to get a reasonable price on tanks if only two are made. So I had seven made with the hopes of selling some in a group buy type scenario. You can use these as bright beer tanks as well and that was my idea....along with fermentation. It’s just a personal opinion of mine but they ebay ones were not what i was looking for. I wanted ones that looked good...part of the decor. With the un-insulated style you will get condensation I dont want that in my basement.....more moisture...more dehumidifying...if not more mold. Also the insulation makes a big difference in efficiency. I tend to be frugal and didn't feel like paying to have them made in the states (you think Glacier is expensive!) . Since I travel abroad for work a lot (Im a merchant mariner) I did a little traveling in China with my home brewing obsession in mind. I found a factory through a local agent, me with them, contracted them, had them made, and shipped to the US. No child labor and no sweatshop. Im happy with what I got and appreciate the feedback! Im open too offers.

sethfdabomb said:
I admit, they are a little pricey. When compared to Glacier tanks ( a more accurate comparison and insulated tank) they are far below their price. From experience I can tell that Glacier tanks are also made in China too. The story behind these is I wanted two nice aesthetically pleasing tanks for my bar in the basement. Unfortunately it’s really hard to get a reasonable price on tanks if only two are made. So I had seven made with the hopes of selling some in a group buy type scenario. You can use these as bright beer tanks as well and that was my idea....along with fermentation. It’s just a personal opinion of mine but they ebay ones were not what i was looking for. I wanted ones that looked good...part of the decor. With the un-insulated style you will get condensation I dont want that in my basement.....more moisture...more dehumidifying...if not more mold. Also the insulation makes a big difference in efficiency. I tend to be frugal and didn't feel like paying to have them made in the states (you think Glacier is expensive!) . Since I travel abroad for work a lot (Im a merchant mariner) I did a little traveling in China with my home brewing obsession in mind. I found a factory through a local agent, me with them, contracted them, had them made, and shipped to the US. No child labor and no sweatshop. Im happy with what I got and appreciate the feedback! Im open too offers.

Ok, here's a pic of my 40 gallon jacketed fermenter, not pretty so I get your point! Those do look rather awesome! How do you cool/heat yours?

image-2588904651.jpg

Well the bar is not much to look at now. Ive included pictures of the framing. With a newborn....two weeks...funds have been well....redirected. How I cool the fermentors...and my trunk line for that matter... is through a copper coil, sump (5gal metal bucket) and submersible (harbor freight...12.99) pump that circulates glycol throughout the system. In order to regulate the specific temperatures of the Keggerator...chest freezer...and individual fermentors...I am using PID controls from Auber instriments...http://www.auberins.com/. The Keggerator operates as the mother ship to everything else being the baseline glycol cooler. The PIDs control lawn irrigation solonoid valves that open and close cooling. The PIDs are cheaper than standard chest freezer Johnson controls and they look cool...plus they have all sorts of options for us engineers...muahahaha. Dont let the thermo couple and PID scare you. They come with directions...you can figure it out.

Seth

photo(7).jpg

photo(4).jpg

sethfdabomb said:
Well the bar is not much to look at now. Ive included pictures of the framing. With a newborn....two weeks...funds have been well....redirected. How I cool the fermentors...and my trunk line for that matter... is through a copper coil, sump (5gal metal bucket) and submersible (harbor freight...12.99) pump that circulates glycol throughout the system. In order to regulate the specific temperatures of the Keggerator...chest freezer...and individual fermentors...I am using PID controls from Auber instriments...http://www.auberins.com/. The Keggerator operates as the mother ship to everything else being the baseline glycol cooler. The PIDs control lawn irrigation solonoid valves that open and close cooling. The PIDs are cheaper than standard chest freezer Johnson controls and they look cool...plus they have all sorts of options for us engineers...muahahaha. Dont let the thermo couple and PID scare you. They come with directions...you can figure it out.

Seth

This is what my dreams are made of.....if only I didn't have a money sucking ex-wife.......

Man, if it wasn't metric thermometer I would be all over this haha. nice, clean looking. Your design is reminiscent of the 2 BBl fermentors I was using in my former dept in grad school. If I didn't have my first kid on the way in a month I might be all over this. MIght do you better to post some more specs such as height, jacket volume, etcc. Since you designed them you might as well give some extra info.

they are nice I am looking for 100 gal. I know I could use acouple but cost effective for a startup brewery I need 100gal. and I think I can each tank for aroun 4 to 6k. good luck

2200 obo
for sale or for trade for Sabco or similar system.
5 available
Stainless steel
100 liters
Glycol Jacketed
Racking arm
Metric thermometer
Metric pressure gauge
CIP nozzle
Rubber leveling shoes
Designed in the USA
Made in China

For more pictures or questions pm

That looks far bigger than 100l. I have a B3 27 gallon conical and it is nowhere near that tall. Estimating that the fermentation tank is a little more than 18" (based on the width of the studs behind it), it stands to reason that it should be taller than my B3, which is ~24" wide, but that tank appears to be a good 18-24" taller than mine.

Best of luck on the sale.

Here is a diagram! The only thing different from this and the real life is that we moved the racking arm up to the side right above the cone. The arm itself comes in from the side and curves down in the center. It was a last minute thing. I can try to draw it in if someone wants. It also doubles as the sample valve.

any questions please ask!
Seth

modified_100L_fermentor[1].jpg

Back