Well this blows...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjdonnelly68

Always drinking - never drunk.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Of course this happens with the Octoberfest I lagered all summer.

Anyone know if Northernbrewer carries two foot straws?

image-2366056788.jpg

image-2930732818.jpg

That just made me run to the garage and check the 10gal I kegged and put on gas this morning. That sucks.

Ahhhhh.....my condolences.

That happened to a truly awesome Pilsner that I brewed and lagered for months in hopes to enjoy over the summer. Was a loose cobra tap that I used to sample the beer that got mine.
I got only one glass before my kezer became a wading pool.

Auto-siphon comes in handy to purge the keezer.

Oh the humanity!

My condolences, when I have a mishap it usually is on the beer I worked forever designing, and refining a recipe, LOOOONG brew day, or something similar.

A quick ordinary bitter, or simple hefe? Never going to have a stuck poppet, never going to have the cat rub up on a tap handle and dump, nothing bad ever happens....

A three step decoction mash martzen that has lagered for half a year, or a wee heavy that took 12 hours to brew, aged for months in the fermentor, then racked to a whiskey barrel for another 2 months before racking to a keg and carbing up with intent of bottling from the keg???

Yup those ones ended up in the drain

Oh the humanity!

My condolences, when I have a mishap it usually is on the beer I worked forever designing, and refining a recipe, LOOOONG brew day, or something similar.

A quick ordinary bitter, or simple hefe? Never going to have a stuck poppet, never going to have the cat rub up on a tap handle and dump, nothing bad ever happens....

A three step decoction mash martzen that has lagered for half a year, or a wee heavy that took 12 hours to brew, aged for months in the fermentor, then racked to a whiskey barrel for another 2 months before racking to a keg and carbing up with intent of bottling from the keg???

Yup those ones ended up in the drain

Ain't it the truth.

i feel your pain. That happened to me earlier this year. You just get this twisting feeling in your gut when you open the keezer and see that.

I know that feel bro.

Lost almost 3 gallons of a graham cracker porter to that earlier this year. Finally got it all clean:/

I feel your pain...I jsut had this happen with a really nice Maibock I had lagered since April. Lost 4 gallons. I wept, raged, then wept again. I am sorry for your loss. :mad:

Thanks for the condolences.

Luckily I have four more in pipeline and I can move on. If this were half the beer I had, I'd be bumming big time.

Had something similar happen recently to a beer that I kegged into a keg with a pinhole leak somewhere... lost about half of it before I noticed the puddle under the fridge. My condolences..

Woah, that really sucks. I just got a kegging kit so this brings up a question... Why did that happen and how can I prevent it?

Wow, that's a shame! At least it was in a keezer, I can't imagine this happening in my kegerator and making 10 times the mess in my basement.

So we should all keep our Keezers and Kegerators sanitized.

SO if the beer runs out we can put it back in the keg, carbonate it, and quickly drink it.

DPB

Happened to me the first time I ever kegged back in May. It was due to a loose liquid post line - I didn't have the proper 19MM wrench to tighten it down, so it leaked out overnight...sucked.

Mopping that up was a *****.

Latest posts

Back