Natural Carb keg while I wait for temp controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rifraf

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm getting a chest freezer this week but my temp controller isn't due to arrive until early to mid June. I'm thinking about kegging a beer I have next weekend with priming sugar. Should be about two to three weeks before the keezer is operational after that. Would I just set to serving pressure when the keezer is ready to go?

Yup. I naturally carb all of my kegs. I think the extra three weeks (or more) that I let them sit really helps the beer condition much better than force carbing. The added bonus is that you save a lot of CO2 and have to fill up much less often.

Yup. Depending on your lines you may or may not need to bleed a little excess pressure after it's cold. I occasionally naturally carb kegs of all sizes. With cornies, make sure it's holding pressure. With some of mine I will have to blast it with 30psi to seal the lid real well, then bleed most of the pressure and let it carbonate. Otherwise, I would lose all the gas and 3 weeks of time.

Latest posts

Back