my bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedyvette

Reaction score
i found this on craigslist.my sister went and picked it up for me since i still got about 20 days left in iraq.looks like i should be able to just clean it up alittle and maybe make some small repairs.

3n33k73p35V85O15U59ckff36e9e0449c1a.jpg

3k03p03oa5Vb5P35R09ck37e363a735f218.jpg

3ne3m43lc5Vc5Ub5R89ck7b7ae8cae5951b.jpg

3n53kd3m75V35T75R79ckba0a7305227813.jpg

Cool find....

Now on to more important things:
Thanks for your dedication and hard work over there. Keep your head together and finish the tour of duty with honor. I appreciate your service.

Should you find yourself in SoCal, let me know, I'll supply the beer for my fellow patriot.

lucky bastard !!! , my sister could not lift it.
it must be nice to have "able" body'd siblings.:mug:

As for the reefer, lipstick and rouge my friend, nice find !!!:rockin:

Sweet find, first thing you need to do is get rid of the tap handles.
Stay safe and come back whole, Thank you and best of luck.

when i get back i'll keep this updated and show the progress of it.i think i might slap a coat of paint on it.not sure what color yet.i'm a huge LSU fan and it would go great with the rest of the man cave.so it might be painted purple and gold.

I would make sure it's working well before investing any time into it. They can be costly to repair, mine went into the recyclers after the compressor died. Luckily I was able to salvage a lot of parts from it. Also they are power hungry and loud compared to residential equipment.
Thank you for your service and good luck with the kegerator.
-Ben

Congrats!

As said by many - thank you for your service, stay safe and hope you are home enjoying the new project very soon.

Cheers!

First, as many have already said; Thank you and your fellow service men and women for everything you do to protect us and keep us free. Secondly, if you are ever in Raleigh NC, please send me a PM and perhaps I can buy you a drink to express my thanks. Congrats on the find. I hope it works well for you.

I picked up a TRUE TDD-3 recently that I'll be starting to work on hopefully in the next month or two. We should compare pics and notes.

I had one of those units it was nice but like the person said before me it was an hog for electricity. when the unit came on the lights in the house went dim. I evently had to shut it off and sold it to a bar.

sorry i haven't figured out how to quote real good just yet.but XL jockey i would like that actually.i've never seen the inside of one of these things and although i can work on alot of things i've never done it to fridge units.as far as electricity goes has anyone tried to swap out a different compressor? i wonder if i changed out the fridge unit and switch to a more efficent unit?

Wow, it's been a while. I finally got the basement to the point where I was ready to get started on the bar. I just brought down my TDD-3 a couple days ago. I had to take off the draft towers to fit it down the bulkhead doors. I plugged it in and it's not cooling but it sounds like the compressor is running, and the fan definitely is. My neighbor said he can recharge it so we'll see if that's the issue. Otherwise I'll have to come up with plan B. I'll take pics and post them when I get a chance.

Nice thing about those units is they're repairable - unlike the cheap stuff we find at the big-box hardware stores.

I have an older pepsi merchandiser (sliding glass doors) and my compressor was running fine, but the fan that pulls air through the coils was toast - replaced and it cools very nicely!

Latest posts

Back