Need Help with Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bartman

Reaction score
I need to provide a label for a local Home Brew Competition.
This is my first attempt and I used Avery's label software. Any suggestions on the best/easiest way to keep the ink from running when it gets wet.
I am open to any critcism or suggestions
Thanks
Bart

beerlabelpicture.jpg
[/IMG]

go to kinkos with your label and have them print it out on their color laser printer. The colors won't bleed

Will they print it on labels or just paper I have to cut and apply with some type of adhesive? If so, what type of adhesive?

I def. could see an 8% beer causing you to jump your bike into a pile of rocks.

But on a serious note, if you want criticism, I would suggest just centering the works under Rock Trail IPA and make sure they are not so close to the edges. You may also want to to do the same for "Bartz Brewing" and perhaps increase the size to make it more prominent. "Warwick, RI" can be an afterthought below it.

Another good option, and what I use when I bottle from the keg to take somewhere, is regular paper labels printed on a laser printer, applied with Milk. It sticks uber great, unless it gets wet. So a no no for cooler cooling, but great for refrigerators.

Try this, quick and dirty:

Rock_Trail_IPA.jpg

I can email you a higher quality version or tweak it if you want. PM me.

-Jason

That's great!

Maybe if the tag line changed to:

A not so pale ale
to guide you on the trail

It could break more nicely with the -ale sound at the ends of lines.

EdK - I see your point but visually it looked a little unbalanced when I tried it. We'll see what Angelo says as it is a simple fix on my end. If you read it the rhyme is still evident.

EdK - I see your point but visually it looked a little unbalanced when I tried it. We'll see what Angelo says as it is a simple fix on my end.

Yea, I had a feeling that was why you broke it the way you did.

Would adding "the" rather than "a" help?

It might. I can change the kerneling too to stretch the first line a bit or double space between words.
It can also read "A Not - So - Pale Ale <break> To Guide You On the Trail" and flow pretty well.

Thanks for all your help. I like the label design and the revised tag line "The not so pale ale to guide you on the trail"

On a side note, you may still be able to use the avery labels but you are definitely going to have to trim them. I'm guessing this shape, though in my opinion it fits much better on a bottle, will not exactly fill the avery template.

I set it to scale to 2.5" x 4". If you like your arts & crafts time you can print them on a full sheet of adhesive stock and just cut them out. It is a little more time consuming but you don't have to worry about registration with the pre cut labels. Or you can always go to the old standby of milk or a glue stick.

I have no idea which Avery tempate you were using, I just dove in with the same aspect ratio that I use for my own labels.

Back