Anyone made a Mini-Randall?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad_C

Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone has made a mini-randall out of the 5" water filters? Something like this: http://www.filtersfast.com/Pentek-158110-Filter-Housing.asp

I would like to make a randall for my kegerator, but don't have much room on the inside, but think that I could squeeze a 5" one in there. Im curious if the lids are the same, and can use a sanke spear for the center like the larger 10" filters. Does anyone think that the smaller randall is a waste of time, and just stick with the larger size?

My main reason for building one is to use coffee beans in it for my MochaJava Stout. Although I'm sure it will be used for hops from time to time as well.

DIY Mini Randall - Organoleptic Hop Transducer Module

I built this DIY Mini Randall - Organoleptic Hop Transducer Module out of spare parts I had at my house.
It will hold up to 3/4oz. of whole hops at a time and is made to click right into any existing cornelius ball lock keg system.
All you have to do is remove the liquid out line from your keg, attach the mini randall's ball lock connector to the keg,
and then you connect your liquid line to the other end of the mini randall.

Read The Full DIY Here

Parts:
1. Liquid Post - Cornelius Keg
2. O-Ring
3. Chrome Plated Hand Pump Top
4. Keg Post to Female MFL Adapter
5. Bathroom Sink Basin Drain Insert
6. 8" Chrome Plated Hand Pump Sleeve
7. Bathroom Sink Basin Drain Insert
8. Chrome Plated Hand Pump Base Piece
9. O-Ring
10. Pump to Coupler Connector - Adapter to Pump to Tap
11. Stainless Steel Tubing Clamp
12. 24" Length Of 1/4" ID Beverage Tubing
13. Stainless Steel Tubing Clamp
14. Ball Lock Liquid Fitting 1/4" Barbed

Mini Randall Parts.jpg
Mini Randall Completed.jpg

Well that's a pretty slick way to use an old keg pump, but since I don't have one around I'll stick to the water filter setup.

I do like the fact that you can hook up directly to it with the ball lock disconnects!

DIY Mini Randall - Organoleptic Hop Transducer Module

I built this DIY Mini Randall - Organoleptic Hop Transducer Module out of spare parts I had at my house.
It will hold up to 3/4oz. of whole hops at a time and is made to click right into any existing cornelius ball lock keg system.
All you have to do is remove the liquid out line from your keg, attach the mini randall's ball lock connector to the keg,
and then you connect your liquid line to the other end of the mini randall.

That is awesome and fantastic. I don't have enough thumbs to thumbs-up this build.

Back