Really BIG apple press?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougBrown

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the X-1 press by Goodnature? We are a large wine club (more like a co-op) and we want to get a big, powered apple press. The typical frame & cloth presses are too slow as we plan on getting into apple pressing for other people as well as our own juice for cider. We've spent a lot of time on the 'net and the Goodnature one seems like the best bet, and the cheapest, in spite of the hefty price tag. We have a large frame & cloth press now to which we've added a powered hydraulic ram but it's just too slow and labor intensive. The X-1 seems to be what we're looking for.

We have a hydropress now that we use for blackberries and raspberries mostly. It works well but doesn't have enough psi for apples.

You could ask on the cider workshop, I think some members there have experience of the x-1. How big is your hydropress? I heard some people are using them for apples, the psi of a rack and cloth press isn't that much higher.

I'm not aware of the cider workshop. Is it part of this site? The rack and cloth is 75psi and I'm sure the hydropress is much lower than that. Another group in our area has the medium hydropress that they're using for apples and aren't particularly satisfied with it. Ours is the smallest of the three.

DougBrown
Can you send me pictures of your large frame & cloth press to which you added a powered hydraulic ram? Thinking about making one.... Why is it too much work? Thanks.
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back