Official 2010 "Pay it Forward" Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PM Sent to Sacdan!
Gone to MyNameIsPaul
I can offer up a standard faucet with a generic black handle! Shipped to your location in one of those flat rate USPS boxes!

Brewing Supplies , I have none to spare - BUT....

I love HBT. ANd I have learned a lot here.

SO.....
EDIT** - Gone to DOug from Maine **

I pick AHS because 1 ) I was impressed with an exchange I saw here on HBT between Forrest @ AHS and a customer, 2) Because I then ordered from them and had awesome service and 3) They seem like good folks.

Would love for it to go to someone who has not used AHS before, so they can experience how great they are, but first come, first wins.

( And To all the HBT folks - thanks for all the knowledge , Help and advice ! )

me too! awesome pay it forward, even if i don't get it...

freshly washed Wyeast American Ale II up for grabs. of course it will be snail mailed with an ice pack, but lil pieces of vanilla beans mixed in are also free with the yeast:D i love this yeast! it's great in just about every style, and if you doubt it step up.

Gone to KEEFER

First notification I got was to DOug from Maine. Congrats - their website says they process during reg business hours - so you should see it tomorrow I guess.

:)

Awesome, thanks Hannable! I've been eyeing their 50 cent beer kits, I'm still in extract land up here :)

Now to figure out what I can pass on.

Woohoo! I was the first to pm jessup and will be getting some Wyeast American Ale II for my first brew! :D

This thread is awesome, and I'm sure I'll pay it forward when I get the chance to in the future. Thanks again jessup!!

I really don't have anything to offer, as I use all my equipment. I could probably offer some hops, but we all know where to get super cheap hops. I don't know if this applies for this, but I'll purchase someone a 20 dollar gift card to brewmasterswarehouse.com. I'd say pick something, but then I have to pay shipping. Shipping is free for gift cards, so first responder gets it. HBT has been very generous to me, so this could be my repayment. I know 20 isn't much, but it's what I can afford right now, so if you want it, PM me for it.

I really don't have anything to offer, as I use all my equipment. I could probably offer some hops, but we all know where to get super cheap hops. I don't know if this applies for this, but I'll purchase someone a 20 dollar gift card to brewmasterswarehouse.com. I'd say pick something, but then I have to pay shipping. Shipping is free for gift cards, so first responder gets it. HBT has been very generous to me, so this could be my repayment. I know 20 isn't much, but it's what I can afford right now, so if you want it, PM me for it.

Am I first? I use BMW all the time.

Awesome thread, BTW. Got to see if I have anything. Last year I had an extra 5-gallon pot I gave away; might have to be more creative this time.

Even though you PMed me "af I first?", you are indeed first, so it's yours. PM me your address.

Even though you PMed me "af I first?", you are indeed first, so it's yours. PM me your address.

yes, that's because "m" and "f" are right next to each other on the keyboard ... :drunk:

damn, straight busted.

I think first to reply in the thread should get the "prize" non of the who PM'd who first. if an item is offered its up for grabs until a reply in the thread has been made. simple as first come first server. everyone knows who replied first and who gets what.

Just Sayin'

-=jason=-

perfect then, pale was the first (and only) to pm, and first (and only, till it was paid)to respond in the thread. Guess that puts me right in the rules. Oh, Pale, your gift card is paid and on it's way. Spend it wisely.

I have a Blichmann Beer Gun I'm more than willing to part with for free. I've used it once, and had less than great results, but could be user error. Obviously will need to be cleaned vigorously before use, but that's what you get with free, right? :)

Free with free shipping to lower 48. I prefer to be sent a PM as well as claiming it on this thread, that way I'll actually notice someone claimed it. :)

I have a Blichmann Beer Gun I'm more than willing to part with for free. I've used it once, and had less than great results, but could be user error. Obviously will need to be cleaned vigorously before use, but that's what you get with free, right? :)

Free with free shipping to lower 48. I prefer to be sent a PM as well as claiming it on this thread, that way I'll actually notice someone claimed it. :)

Just sent you a pm. I'd love to try it.

a black "red barron" style capper to the first to reply in this thread...

Might have some other goodies too so I will look through stuff as I brew on Sunday.

I have a Mozzarella Cheese Kit that I bought from AHS in March. The instruction sheet says that the kit is good for 20 3/4 lb. batches. The kit was about $15 and I've only made one batch with it, so it's good for 19 more :) Willing to ship it off for free to the first taker.

I have a Mozzarella Cheese Kit that I bought from AHS in March. The instruction sheet says that the kit is good for 20 3/4 lb. batches. The kit was about $15 and I've only made one batch with it, so it's good for 19 more :) Willing to ship it off for free to the first taker.

Send it! I will send you a PM with my address...

My daughter eats tons of cheese so I would like to make some reasonably priced organic stuff for her!

ryan0914 was the first to PM me in response to the cheese kit. Sorry Randar, I wish I had a second kit to send to you as well.

Thanks again. I sent my shipping info. I'm looking foward to making some cheese.
-Ryan

I think first to reply in the thread should get the "prize" non of the who PM'd who first. if an item is offered its up for grabs until a reply in the thread has been made. simple as first come first server. everyone knows who replied first and who gets what.

Just Sayin'

-=jason=-

Hmmm. went back and re-read the OP..

If you have any extra gear, post it here and send it (for free) to the first person who responds IN THIS THREAD.

Well, I posted mine ( A gift certificate to AHS ) as a first PM , and it went to DOug. And I "awarded " it to him. But bennyD was the first to respond IN THE THREAD, so heck - I'll give him one, too!

Like I said, this site has been good to me - I wanna "pay it forward" and show my appreciation.

Congrats bennyD - You're gonna get hooked up too!

Hmmm. went back and re-read the OP..

Well, I posted mine ( A gift certificate to AHS ) as a first PM , and it went to DOug. And I "awarded " it to him. But bennyD was the first to respond IN THE THREAD, so heck - I'll give him one, too!

Like I said, this site has been good to me - I wanna "pay it forward" and show my appreciation.

Congrats bennyD - You're gonna get hooked up too!

You're right, the OP did say the first to reply in the thread and I missed that and do apologize. In all fairness Ryan did offer to give up the item he claimed, but since I already offered it to him I didn't feel right to take it back. Thanks for pointing this out for future posts.

The following items are available to the first to post in this thread. If you're the first to claim an item then PM me your shipping address:

One Cornelius lid with seal - both used.
Gone to Chad_C.

One pound of Rice Hulls I received in the '09 Pay It Forward from Bad Coffee (I never brewed a recipe so thought I'd offer them to someone else this year). Gone to WalkingStickMan.

One picnic tap connected to 5ft. 3/16" ID attached to a liquid QD.
Gone to d_ozz68.

I'll dig through my gear to see what else I have.

Good luck!

Trace

Wow....thanks Hannable!!!! You certainly didn't have to do that. I'm okay with it either way.

It's no biggie - it's a sharing time of year, and HBT has made it a fun year for me. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back