Imperial IPA and Attenuation??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RGingerelli

Reaction score
I brewed a I2PA on 10/27 with og of 1.071. Justtook a reading today 11/17 and have a reading of 1.021 so I have an attention of 70.4% is that good? Just not sure because the last batch I did had an attenuation of 80%. Any input would be great.

Cheers!

Seems good to me! Depends in which yeast you used, and if it's an extract brew.
Extract often stops at around 1.020.

If you want you can warm it up a few degrees and gently swirl the fermenter, and wait a few days to see if it does anything, but after 3 weeks I'd say you're good to go!

It depends on the yeast strain.

I tend to use some table sugar in my big IPAs to dry them out. It makes them more drinkable.

I brewed a I2PA on 10/27 with og of 1.071. Justtook a reading today 11/17 and have a reading of 1.021 so I have an attention of 70.4% is that good? Just not sure because the last batch I did had an attenuation of 80%. Any input would be great.

Cheers!

We kinda gotta know more about what ingredients you've worked with here and there....

Generally speaking 70% is fine.

If you didn't do so... make well-sized yeast starter.

If it's a grain-mash, then mash your IPA around 150F for 90 minutes. That will help you hit lower gravity.

...but which yeast was in the kit? Some yeast are more attenuative than others.

Back