What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hoppy Amarillo wheat (a treat for changing my beer lines). This time around I moved nearly all of my late additions to the whirlpool, and I think it now tastes even more strongly of Amarillo than previous batches.

Seirra Nevada pale ale. Stacking up some more bottles.

image-1285360877.jpg

That's awesome man. Get a bottle before they release it. I hope I can grab a bottle of this. I'm sure it wouldnt be too limited.

It will be on tap at the draughthouse tonight (if you're in the Austin area). I'm on mobile right now and can't tell what your region is.

Bottles likely won't get label approval until January, so they won't be sold until then.

It will be on tap at the draughthouse tonight (if you're in the Austin area). I'm on mobile right now and can't tell what your region is.

Bottles likely won't get label approval until January, so they won't be sold until then.

I'm in Houston. So I have to wait until they release it in January. Its always a pain to hunt for some of their special releases. I always miss them because people buy them up before I got a chance to get them.

How was it by the way?

I'm in Houston. So I have to wait until they release it in January. Its always a pain to hunt for some of their special releases. I always miss them because people buy them up before I got a chance to get them.

How was it by the way?

Should be on tap in your area way before the bottles come out.

It's pretty damn good in the bottle. The bottle conditioning really smooths this one out. So if they're force carbing in the keg, it will likely have more of a bitter bite than this. However,i seem to remember them mentioning that they condition in the keg now rather than force carb.

Either way, I like this better than Wytchmaker. The Spanish cedar and brett really make this a unique brew. I've been looking for something new on the IPA front and i am happy to say that this delivers.

I definitely recommend it.

Should be on tap in your area way before the bottles come out.

It's pretty damn good in the bottle. The bottle conditioning really smooths this one out. So if they're force carbing in the keg, it will likely have more of a bitter bite than this. However,i seem to remember them mentioning that they condition in the keg now rather than force carb.

Either way, I like this better than Wytchmaker. The Spanish cedar and brett really make this a unique brew. I've been looking for something new on the IPA front and i am happy to say that this delivers.

I definitely recommend it.

Cool, I'll definitely keep an eye out for it. Yes, I remember JK saying that all their products are naturally carbonated. I rarely see JK on tap. Sadly where I am its still pretty craft "dry". Most of the good shops/bars are inner loop. Which is not a quick drive. I wish Houston was not as spead out like it is. I can only go on the weekends to hunt for certain brews

^Haha, I think he means lunch/dinner. Similar to brunch.

But if it was a work function for me, with free Sierra, I'd be hittin it hard too haha.

nukebrewer said:
Haha, that makes sense. Growing up in Texas I always called that lupper (lunch/supper) so to me it looked like a typo.

According to Seinfeld both linner and lupperare acceptable. I was psyched to see the have Stone Smoked Porter ... That will be next.

I had this a few nights ago, and am in love. Found a clone recipe too from the brewer. I am thinking this going to my first Brett batch! I am loving everything from anchorage right now.

image-2783318120.jpg

TNGabe said:
I was a day early to the beer shop in AVl this week for Wake N Bake.:smack:

I searched all over for wake n bake today. The only new Terrapin they put out was Oaked Big Hoppy Monster. Of course I picked some up. I guess I will check back this weekend for wake n bake.

image-32469571.jpg

Terrapin Oaked Big Hoppy Monster. It's a way over hopped 9.1% Imperial Red. Me likey lots. Gonna have to grab more this weekend.

image-3412866130.jpg

Nectar Ales IPA. I wasn't expecting much with this one, just showed up this week at the local liquor, this is very a very nice IPA. A little googling revealed that they were bought out by Firestone Walker in 2003, hmmm.....hopefully FW is coming to Florida soon!

mcbaumannerb said:
Would like this if not for the iPhone lacking that feature!

Terrapin is one of my favorite breweries. Rye Pale ale and Moo-Hoo are awesome, Hopsecutioner is well into my top 5 IPA's.

allenH said:
Terrapin is one of my favorite breweries. Rye Pale ale and Moo-Hoo are awesome, Hopsecutioner is well into my top 5 IPA's.

My local place just started carrying Terrapin and I've had Moo-Hoo (LOVE it) and oaked Hop Monster (very good) so I'm going to talk to them about bringing in more!

mcbaumannerb said:
My local place just started carrying Terrapin and I've had Moo-Hoo (LOVE it) and oaked Hop Monster (very good) so I'm going to talk to them about bringing in more!

Definitely try to get Hopsecutioner. Their Rye Pale Ale is what got me into brewing, great beer. Check out their website, they have a bunch of seasonals and collaborations, and apparently Spike, their head brewer, is a really good guy and helps out home brewers all the time.

image-3722613288.jpg

Good beer, probably should have bought their Imperial Stout that was in my hand just before this one. If you like cappuccino, this is the stout for you, I prefer my coffee black and strong.

allenH said:
Good beer, probably should have bought their Imperial Stout that was in my hand just before this one. If you like cappuccino, this is the stout for you, I prefer my coffee black and strong.

Nah ... Should have grabbed both! ;). They are both great in their own way.

Back