B. Nektar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicroBrewMaster

Reaction score
5LFLG.jpg

So in my area this stuff has been making people go ape ****. Everybody telling me i gotta get this. So i finally caved in a bought two bottles $9 a bottle, as I have never had mead before I def kinda excited to try this. Anyone else tried these?

I browsed through the making mead section to understand what this stuff is, kinda hopping I don't like it so I don't get obsessed with this too haha

I've tried the Zombie Killer. I don't drink mead or cider but I was REALLY impressed with this cyser. I work at a beer and wine store where we had a Zombie Killer tasting. Almost everyone who tried it went and bought two or three bottles at a heft $16/bottle. We've also had it on tap and even though it's quite pricy we've been selling it pretty quickly.

They were sampling this at a brew festival last year and everyone loved it. I didn't much care for it but I did buy a zombie killer t shirt :ban:

Heh...you thought the deep south were the only ones with screwed up alcohol laws. We can only buy from the county who controls what we can buy and how much we pay for it. And no they don't make a ton of money off of it :(.

But that's ok. We make up for it by paying ridiculously high income tax too. And don't get me started on the fact that we have to charge customers for a bag too. Oh you just bought $100 worth of products? 'll need another nickel for a bag to put it in. That goes over well.

I love honey in beer and have always been interested in doing meads. I bought two bottles and couldn't finish either...just not a mead guy

I tried the Zombie Killer cyser at the World Beer Festival in Raleigh. It was awesome!

So did I!. I was working at the New Holland booth for both sessions of WBF Raleigh this year. Lindsay (the New Holland Rep) kept telling us how great B.Nektar was, so we took a break and went to visit them. I thought the Zombie Killer was pretty darn good. REALLY easy to drink, and BIG ABV! They should re-name it SWMBO killer!

I thought the Zombie Killer was pretty darn good. REALLY easy to drink, and BIG ABV! They should re-name it SWMBO killer!

Weird, if you look at their website, the Zombie Killer description shows that it's 5.5% ABV, but if you look in the bottom right corner of the product label it says it's 7.0% ABV.

I had some at a bar in the Detroit area while visiting a buddy who lives there - I was really impressed, and my wife liked it too. I'd like to try to clone it for the wife to drink. It's described as an apple cider with honey and tart cherry juice, so I guess I could start there, ferment with some sweet mead yeast to maybe leave behind some sweetness. Trader Joes carrys a good tart cherry juice, if anyone is looking for that.

I didn't so much care for their vanilla cinnamon mead. It was interesting, but not really meady enough for me. Although the guy I bought it for enjoyed it so I guess that's a win.

I have a bottle of the Zombie Killer in the fridge that I'm waiting to share. Glad to hear it's getting good reviews. intrigued by the Evil Genius though. hmm.

Small bump, trying to find clones and info. I'm not a mead guy, but Zombie killer is ridiculous. $7.99 a bottle round here in MI. Corner store supposed to be getting 4 packs this week. Didn't even know they made 4 packs. Going to have to try evil genius now.

5.5%, 6%, 7%???? I wonder if the abv varies from batch to batch, or if there are different recipes for different markets? Such a variation seems strange to me.

Back