Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sanctified Brewing

1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Our slogan is "We brew beer to the glory of God."

BrewAthlon Brewing

label1.jpg

I when I am not brewing or working I teach Spin Classes at the YMCA and train for triathlons

Sanctified Brewing

1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Our slogan is "We brew beer to the glory of God."

I just caught your screen name and noticed you are from Seattle. Any relation to Michael?

I have an uncle named Michael, probably not the one you're thinking of though. Unless you're thinking of the used car salesman.

I saw you used to be a volunteer firefighter. Any chance you know Ken Olson, I think he is the Chief of the Lakewood fire department. He was a good friend of my dad's.

I have an uncle named Michael, probably not the one you're thinking of though. Unless you're thinking of the used car salesman.

I saw you used to be a volunteer firefighter. Any chance you know Ken Olson, I think he is the Chief of the Lakewood fire department. He was a good friend of my dad's.

I do know Ken. Small world. Probably a good thing you are not related to the Talk Show Michael. Anyway, back to our regular scheduled programming. :tank:

The Feisty Bluegill Brewery

feisty5.jpg

Named after after a feisty bluegill I saw swimming in the lake in my back yard. All of my beers are named after things I see in the back yard

Youngs Brewing Company but since that's close to the England Brewery's name I'll just go with War House Brewing Co named after the type of house I grew up in.

Out of Necessity

I live in a dry county in southern Arkansas. I have to drive a mimimum of an hour and a half to get anything besides macros, so it really was necessary that I brew my own.

I usually put "Brewed in Crossett, AR/Out of Necessity" on any labels I make.

Got my name picked out and after Saturday will have my first batch under my belt....

Semper Fi Brewing Co.

I guess people who share a bond think alike...

I been thinking about Semper Brewing Co. and I think I will probably keep it unless something else comes up that strikes me. Now it is time to design a label and logo

Edit: Might do "Semper Sloshed Brewing Co." Came up on the anagram wordsmith I did, made me chuckle

I just started calling mine "Blue Falcon Brewery" people with a military background should get it........

I'm ex-military, and I can't remember hearing that. But, I also drank a LOT of beer while brewing today. A lot.

But, I know that type of person very well. (I looked up the term) Now, to get out of trouble, we just need Dynomutt!

If you want to stick with the Latin theme, you could always do Semper Ebria - always tipsy or always inebriated.

I like it I think. I used the Sloshed because my cousins always called me slosh (Name is Josh). But the whole Latin thing does flow pretty nicely. Gives me something else to play with.

Match Fit brewing. Because I'm completely obsessed with football (the real football, not this weird throwball thing you Americans are into) and am currently seeking match fitness myself (I love to play, and ruptured my achilles almost a year ago, and have chunked up considerably while going through the healing process...)

It is called the Double Wide Brewing Company, started in an old trailer my friend and I were living in at the time. We have since moved on to the following beer names

Doorknob Common (was named after a girl we knew but didnt want any legal trouble so we changed it.)
Moving Day IPA
Monday Morning Pale Ale
Lawn Flamingo Lager
Trashy Roots Blonde Ale
Limey Bastard Bitter
Dales number 2 brown ale (named for my late father in law)

Our slogan and story is as follows:

Its even good in a dirty glass. (Paul R.) I moved in with my wife and Dave stayed in the trailer. One day his brother Paul who now lives in Mayland came over, his folks were over and his girlfriend. I had brought a few kegs of homebrew over and left them outside.

The trailer had a tricky door and Paul and I had too much to drink and could not work the knob to get back in. So Paul looks at me and says, "Dude I dont even know if this glass is clean because I just grabbed it from the sink but this beer is awesome, its even good in a dirty glass."

My last name, loosely translated, means "bellringer", so it was logical to call my "brewery" Bellringer Brewing Co.

I have a logo that was created by Josh @ BrewBrandCreative, but I have not had the time to put it somewhere where I can link to it.

After thinking of a number of names, I just keep coming back to one: Back Room Brewing.

Basically because all my fermentation, bottling, etc., takes place in the back room of my house. So, it really was just the most fitting out of the lot.

I live 1/4 mile from the river outlet to the Pacific Ocean, thus...North Jetty Brewing Co.

Coined by my buddy who can't drink anything other than Bud Lite!

Ive had a name that ive wanted to use for years for something and it fits for brewing.

Whit's End Brewery

Beer is one of my favorite things to kick back with and relax after a day where ive been at my Wit's end all day. Also its a play on my last name, Whitman.

Mine is Revolt Brewing.

I hate what Bud, Miller, & Coors are doing to the craft beer industry with a passion. If you haven't seen the documentary "Beer Wars", I highly recommend it. I think what we're all doing is revolting against cheap & tasteless fizzy yellow beers, so what better name for a brewery!

IT'S TIME TO REVOLT!

Three Dimes Brewing, a reference to the song Three Dimes Down by the Drive by Truckers.

LazyPBar just worked up a sweet logo for me, but I don't seem to be clever enough to figure out how to post it. Maybe later.

I've gone through a few brewery names, but for now I've settled on Rusted Robot Brewing. I'm kind of a steampunk fan, and it's a play on our last name.

Ok, kinda embarrassed by my explanation but here we go!
DAWAS Craft Beer Brewery= Doug & Ann's Wicked Awesome Stuff!
sorry, I think a little to much Bill and Ted's most excellent adventure in the early days!

I'm in between 2 and they sorta relate to one another. The first is Jay-Kev brewery it just a simple fusion of my bro-in-laws name and mine I know it's lame. But the other one is Lone Man Brewery. This I came up with when I started doing half batch runs on my own and it's got a small following of friends I think I'm going to tm it if I can.

Two Gals Brewing... for me and my roommate!!
( I'm the only one that actually brews though, but One Gal Brewing sounded depressing! ) LOL

Well I was going to use bad hund brewery but Ive changed my min since my dog came down with diabetes she has gone blind so i changed it to blind dog brewery.

Well I havent even got my first brew going yet but I have been thinking about a name. I live in super natural BC as our tourism ads call it, so I thought I would go with Supernatural Brewing Company or Supernatural BC for short. I could then name beers after supernatural beings and what not. Thats what I am thinking so far any way.

Back