I like your style, Dude, but do you have to use so many curse words?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does my ******** incessant cursing offend you?

• Yes, I'm very offended!

• You could stand to keep it clean for all the children we have on here.

• No, ****** keep it coming!

• Ah, **** off!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm Irish so generally have a fowl mouth... This is however mostly used among my peers when there are no kids or oap's about... So no not offended, just entertained...

Even though you p!ss me off most of the time, I don't give a F%%K how much you cuss. I'm Navy, and when I am on sea duty or just plain irritated I can drop the F_bomb like there is no tomorrow. Does it make me cool? Probably not, but it gets the FACKING point across.

Even though you p!ss me off most of the time, I don't give a F%%K how much you cuss. I'm Navy, and when I am on sea duty or just plain irritated I can drop the F_bomb like there is no tomorrow. Does it make me cool? Probably not, but it gets the FACKING point across.

Wow, I piss you off that much?

Wow, I piss you off that much?

Yeah, I just can hang with you during a good debate. I feel like a whipped puppy when you get done with your counter-point.

Seriously, I'd probably still be able to talk beer with you in person, but I'd never bring up politics.

Yeah, I just can hang with you during a good debate. I feel like a whipped puppy when you get done with your counter-point.

Seriously, I'd probably still be able to talk beer with you in person, but I'd never bring up politics.

Um, sorry? Though we do often disagree, I find your arguments engaging and challenging, and appreciate your civility.

Yeah, believe me, you see me in person and we're drinkin, I'm not nearly as articulate when it comes to politics anyway, so it's best to steer clear. :D

f*ck no, i just think you need to brit it up a bit. Less D-bay and more cock, twat, bugger and sod off.

That's what Brit is for, yo! I'm not gonna try to be something I'm not (and believe me, my fake british accent sucks, too...it's like a cross between Steve Irwin and Ali G)

That's what Brit is for, yo! I'm not gonna try to be something I'm not (and believe me, my fake british accent sucks, too...it's like a cross between Steve Irwin and Ali G)

methinks it's time to start a second poll, then: "Do Orfy and OhioBrit swear frequently enough on HBT."

Not offended, because it seems accepted here; just not something I do, online or in person. I do take offense at folks who aren't able to curb their language in public. I hear it often just walking in the mall, at the park, etc. It does bug me there but, I suppose, part of the loss of civility in society in general.

Rick

Someone needs to post the link to that clip of Lebowski that is edited down to the F***'s here. I'm at work and don't dare.

Not offended, because it seems accepted here; just not something I do, online or in person. I do take offense at folks who aren't able to curb their language in public. I hear it often just walking in the mall, at the park, etc. It does bug me there but, I suppose, part of the loss of civility in society in general.

Rick

I don't walk around cursing, I just like to do it around here, because it's like my own little virtual pub.

No everyone is able to pull off the Evan! idiom, nor should anyone really try.
Problem is, people do.

Evan! doesn't suffer fools.
Problem is, there be fools here. Or to be generous, we are all foolish at one point, if even for a moment.

Evan! is here alot and so are many of us. We feel some sympatico. Some of us have met in real life. We can call each other lying turkey ****er bastards, get drunk virtually and piss on the same vitual tree.

Problem is, not everyone gets that. They either think we're pissed at each other or they think we have some sort of somethingawful-like culture here and start calling people they don't know a-holes.

Problem is, not everyone gets that. They either think we're pissed at each other or they think we have some sort of somethingawful-like culture here and start calling people they don't know a-holes.

Seems to me this is a pretty well run site - only been on here a while, but I don't see too many (if any) craptastic fights between people to that level.

As a mod, you see more of that than anyone I imagine - you guys keep it pretty clean on here, props to ya all.

You missed one on the poll. Just plain 'ol Don't give a **** one way or the other. You'd need to do more than curs at me to piss me off...****, I grew up around Truck Drivers and Cowboys. I was eating Copenhagen when I was 8 and drinking whiskey by the time I was 12. I wrecked my first pickup when I was 3, and won my first fist fight 2 days after that.

I find your struggles with the English Language awful funny...but do you offend me.....No ****ing Way!

I vote for not enough. If anyone gets offended, F*** them!

And your many permutations of the word '******' is nothing short of spectacular.

I admire the effort in typing all the $%#@*&^ characters...

It takes some serious effort, which I see as really caring about us... type on Evan!

Eric

My honest opinion? It is not possible to give offence. Offence is something that must be taken.

The "britted up' version? Bloody 'ell Evan! you can be a total wanker sometimes! It's not like I give a crap, You are just a git, and you have no sodding ettiquette! (Thanks for the opportunity to get that off my chest) :)

Oh bugger!! I can't seem to stop!! You are a frigging twonk! Close the bloody poll now before I does go all Dick Van buggery Dyke on your ass!

Chim chiminy chin chiminy chim chim cherooo.......Oh Bollocks! Make it stop!!! Me bloody eyes is bleeding!

Edit:....Just checking, this IS the drunken rants section, right? ;)

Well since you're not actually cussing - you either type a few *** characters or the board puts them in for you, I have no problem with it at all. Even if you were cussing, it's no different than the conversations that I have with my buddies, so it doesn't offend me in the least.

I'm not quite sure what you expected to accomplish with the poll though. I very seriously doubt that anyone is going to actually reply to this saying "Yes, your swearing offends me so please stop" because that person will probably get ripped to shreds and told to grow a pair and speaking up isn't likely to change your actions unless the modhammer gets dropped on yo ass. :D

Actually, it does bother me. I'm a west coast liberal and believe anyone can do whatever they want. That is, until I'm not getting any from the SWMBO, get cranky and decide that you have violated my constitutional rights to hear only what I want to hear. Then I'll just have to take your f#$king a$$ to court and sue you for every motherf#**ing thing you have. :D:D

Actually, like literally just after joining this site, I basically thought Evan! basically seemed like a literal *********. (these are the truths folks) He sounded to me basically literally like a right wing foul-mouthed fascist hate monger.....Then I read another couple of his posts, and hey, what's basically not to like? Literally! At least he says basically what may or may not be on his mind. It's like, when like, someone is basically putting themselves on the line literally for your entertainment. Basically, you gotta respect that!

He's probably just a wanker though, I never met the guy ;)

Well since you're not actually cussing - you either type a few *** characters or the board puts them in for you, I have no problem with it at all. Even if you were cussing, it's no different than the conversations that I have with my buddies, so it doesn't offend me in the least.

I'm not quite sure what you expected to accomplish with the poll though. I very seriously doubt that anyone is going to actually reply to this saying "Yes, your swearing offends me so please stop" because that person will probably get ripped to shreds and told to grow a pair and speaking up isn't likely to change your actions unless the modhammer gets dropped on yo ass. :D

Actually it was in response to another thread that got locked before I could respond where someone called me out for cursing too much. I thought, really? So I just wanted to check. You never know.

Actually, like literally just after joining this site, I basically thought Evan! basically seemed like a literal *********. (these are the truths folks) He sounded to me basically literally like a right wing foul-mouthed fascist hate monger.....Then I read another couple of his posts, and hey, what's basically not to like? Literally! At least he says basically what may or may not be on his mind. It's like, when like, someone is basically putting themselves on the line literally for your entertainment. Basically, you gotta respect that!

He's probably just a wanker though, I never met the guy ;)

Hm, yes, if by 'wanker', you mean, 'one who wanks it', which I am terribly fond of ;)

Actually it was in response to another thread that got locked before I could respond where someone called me out for cursing too much. I thought, really? So I just wanted to check. You never know.

Ya, I saw that the political thread got closed. If people are offended by what you type on here, they should avoid the chat room after 9 pm est fo sho.

No way. That must have been the only one that thinks that way. Thanks for caring about our feelings though! Sure do wish there was a smile for a group hug about now. JK:D

Back