Carbonation Question! Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewByBerg

Reaction score
Hey guys

I've had my 2nd IPA bottles for 2 weeks now and I still have no carbonation. I added 2 cups of water and 4 oz of priming sugar and boiled for 10 min then added to the wort. When I tip over the bottles I see bubbles going through the beer and what not but still no carbonation after I open it.
Gravity is at 1.070 with a pre bottle gravity of 1.015

My last ipa with the same yeast and similar gravity carbed in less than 2 weeks. Do you think this will be a batch I have to dump? Thanks for the help

What was the final volume of your beer? Perhaps you didn't add enough priming sugar? Also, what temp have your bottles been at during this two weeks? In my earlier brewing days, I made the mistake of putting my bottles in the fridge right after bottling. The yeast deactivated and the beers were flat.

Also, I would just drink the flat beer or give it more time before dumping it!

h-bar said:
What was the final volume of your beer? Perhaps you didn't add enough priming sugar? Also, what temp have your bottles been at during this two weeks? In my earlier brewing days, I made the mistake of putting my bottles in the fridge right after bottling. The yeast deactivated and the beers were flat.

Also, I would just drink the flat beer or give it more time before dumping it!

It was a 5 gallon batch just like my first batch. And it's been at room temp 70 to 75. When I turn over the bottles there's bubbles that run through the beer so maybe it's just taking a little longer?

Was there a long fermentation or dry hop period? I know my beers, if they are in the fermenter for 2 months or more, I have to add 1/4 to 1/2 half of a vial of yeast to the bottling bucket so the priming sugar has yeast to eat. Saying that, give it another week or 2 as 2 weeks is not enough time.

Back