Hops already flowering in spring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitemanks

Reaction score
Well you heard it right my vines are flowering for some reason. Last year we had a really dry summer here in KS and I'm wondering if that had something to do with it, or the warm spring and length of the day??... There aren't to many flowers, just at the top, however the leaves on the vine had turned yellow and dried up like it hasn't had enough water (it has). I'm hoping this wont screw up the energy reserves of the plant for later this fall. Anyone experiencing this???

I'm here in sunny ga and I have blooms coming out now as well. This is my 3rd year and they did the same thing the first 2 as well. I get a few ounces every couple weeks from mid-june on until the big harvest in September. The early ones aren't strong smelling as the regular harvest is.

My pearle don't smell, but the sterling are smelling good but there isn't really enough to warrent picking at this time. So your plant did produce later during the traditional harvest time... thats good that will tone down my freak out a little. Thanks

My pearle don't smell, but the sterling are smelling good but there isn't really enough to warrent picking at this time. So your plant did produce later during the traditional harvest time... thats good that will tone down my freak out a little. Thanks

Yeah, Nothing to sweat to at all. :mug:

Back