Pin lock liquid disconnect leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taekwondd

Reaction score
One of my pin lock disconnects is leaking, not at the post, but on the disconnect where there's a slot for a screwdriver to take it apart. Upon further investigation, I realized that somewhere during the cleaning and sanitizing process I lost the gasket that helps seal it. I've tried looking for the individual gasket/o-ring, but haven't found anything, since the disconnect is only 2 months old I'd hate to have to ditch it. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

DSCF6644.JPG

Hmm. Do you have another one that has the o-ring intact? I would try bringing it into a LHBS or hardware store to see if they have it, or measure it and go somewhere like McMaster Carr to find a replacement.

One of mine is doing the same thing! I'll definite pull one of the other ones part to find the size of the gasket.

To the OP, did that fix the problem?

I looked for an o-ring but couldn't find one thin enough, it's more of a gasket than an o-ring really. However, when I went to my LHBS to get supplies for Ed's Bee Cave Kölsch (which was awesome btw) they had a broken disconnect laying around and gave me all the parts from it, which included the gasket.

The disconnect is made by Becker, the part is called the "Cap Washer". The cost is 25¢. you should be able to find this at any LHBS or online. The are sort of a square edged O-ring, so you standard hardware may not have this kind on hand. You will also find that most seals/o-rings in the beverage industry is a material called EPDM, which does not impart taste or odor.

if you need, we could order the part and mail it to you.

Tom's Brew Shop.com

http://www.tomsbrewshop.com

My LHBS only had the whole disconnect, said thy couldn't get individual parts. Now that I know you have them I'll make sire I swing by your shop next time I'm in the area, maybe get some more pin locks too!

Latest posts

Back