I grew up drinking AB but now

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewsnthelou

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I can't hardly drink a budlight, I've been exploring and enjoying craftbrews for a few years now and love the flavor combinations and just started home brewing.. Cooking it up makes me appreciate the process all the more but I never saw it coming. Last night I was offered a free beer at a friends birthday party and I could hardly finish it. The lack of flavor just struck me. Wow, never thought Id see the day... Thank you baby Jesus for craftbrews!!! lol

The funny thing is that it is not that hard to make good flavorfull beer. How did we all get stuck in the no taste mass market beer world for so long?

Cause the majority of consumers are sheeple......Baaaaa

Try drinking a BMC warm.

BMC is good warm... cooked into my beercakes, that's the only thing they're good for. The sheeple consumers will take anything the corporations will throw at them and not just **** beer. Have you ever tasted wild non-GMO raspberries or blueberries? There is definitely a very noticeable difference in taste, as well as in other foods. The best food I've had has been grown in the garden or from my friends farm. Not to mention the common business practice of planned obsolescence, that goods break often enough so that consumers keep purchasing more so the corporation makes a profit on producing pos goods. Corporations are out to make a profit at any cost to the consumer they can get away with, but not for long in the beer world as craft brew continues to control more and more of the market. That's one (of the numerous) reasons why I love homebrew, it's DIY, the best way for everything is to just do it your damn self. End division of labor! Burn down ABInBev and MillerCoors! Anarchy! Long live homebrew!!!

:end rant:

Sorry I got a little carried away at the end.

Try drinking a BMC warm.

Ugh, I almost puked a little in my mouth. Had to take a gulp of my homebrewed Ginger Ale to keep that down.

BMC tastes like metal to me, and the horror of it warm is indescribable.

Cooking it up makes me appreciate the process all the more but I never saw it coming. Last night I was offered a free beer at a friends birthday party and I could hardly finish it. The lack of flavor just struck me. Wow, never thought Id see the day... Thank you baby Jesus for craftbrews!!! lol

Cooking it up is how you make meth. Brewing it up is how you make beer. :p

This thread is titled " I grew up drinking AB but now". As a craft brewer I consider AB to be Arrongant Bastard and I cannot believe that a home brewer would make the mistake of calling a huge corporate swill maker AB! I'm sorry, swill probably has more flavor than anything the large, piss water making piece of corporate debris! Wait, sorry, piss probably has more flavor than anything the large, corporate pond scum producer makes. Wait....You get the idea!

I grew up drinking Genesee and Genny Cream ale, had some of it a few years later and about gagged. Amazing how tastes change as we grow up.

Cause the majority of consumers are sheeple......Baaaaa

Try drinking a BMC warm.

Tom Oltman's dad (funny guy) gave Tom and I warm beers (probably Bud) on a hot Illinois summer day. We were about 8. Didn't touch another until I was 19!

To quote one of the softer minds I know, "The less flavor a beer has, the better I like it."

david_42 said:
Tom Oltman's dad (funny guy) gave Tom and I warm beers (probably Bud) on a hot Illinois summer day. We were about 8. Didn't touch another until I was 19!

To quote one of the softer minds I know, "The less flavor a beer has, the better I like it."

I'm a 'recovering' sheeple born and raised in STL area... AB was a staple until InBev bought em out. STL is having a revolution in craft brews now. thank God

Must not be too many people on here who drink actual water, since... you know, it's flavorless and all.

Latest posts

Back