Fishers, IN (Indianapolis, IN) Homebrewing Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Algorecon

Reaction score
So I've noticed a lack of homebrewing clubs really anywhere in the Indianapolis area. I live in Fishers, a suburb, and after talking to the owners of the Chatham Tap on 116th St., a few homebrewing friends and I are looking to start a homebrewing club that meets probably once a month. We will be having our first meeting either the last week of November or the first week of December. I will post the actual date when we make an official decision. My name is Jake and I hope to see some of my fellow homebrewers there.

You must not have looked too hard. There are at least 3 clubs in the Indy Metro area. That doesn't mean that there can't be more though.

Well yea I have heard of FBI before, but no one else. And some friends and I were just interested in sharing our brews with some friends, and we are looking for other local home brewers to share the experience with.

I live in Fishers also. I have been brewing for 2 years now with my buddy who also lives in Fishers. Recently, I met someone in my neighborhood who home-brews also. It would be cool to meet some other local home brewers and share some beer and some methods.

FBI has started to meet monthly at Triton Brewing in Lawrence for a tasting and educational session including commercial and homebrew examples of styles. You can learn when these meetings are by "Liking" our Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI) Facebook page. Non-FBI members are welcome, but are encouraged to join.

MONK is also in Indy. The guys at Tuxedo Park Brewers in Fountain Square run that club. I live in Shelbyville and just found out there is a club here, MECA, although they seem pretty secretive with the lack of information I have found.

Might not be a club but Great Fermentations has a Friday Night club that is a lot of fun, here are the details from their site.

Friday Night Club
We have noticed over the years that home brewers kinda like hanging around the shop and shootin' the breeze with fellow home brewers. We have decided to provide an outlet for just that by opening up the warehouse on the second Friday of each month from 5-7pm to talk beer and learn from each other. Bring some homebrew to share and join in on the fun!

Hello,

I'm in Fishers too. I started brewing at the end of last summer. 4 batches complete, one going now. Still going with extract, but looking at trying all-grain this summer. It would be good to observe one in person.

I went to one Friday night club at Great Fermentation, but the night of the meetings doesn't always work with my schedule. It would be cool to meet up with people that are extremely local.

Fishers here too. I used to brew extract and then took 6 years off. I just started brewing again last month. I have already done 20 gallons of extract, and another Fishers guy just taught me all grain this week. Just did 5 gallons on Tuesday.

I bought a kegerator and 10 corny kegs, so basically my basement is going to be the new pub in town.

How did it go?

It got done, but it sure kept me busy.

I did something I shouldn't have done and changed plans at the last minute. Recipes in the past called for steep grains in 5 gallons, but the new ones called for ~2 gallons. My change was steeping in one pot, while getting the boil water heated up in another. So at the beginning, I was alternating 3 pots on 2 burners to keep temps up.

Once I got through that, I could breathe.

I'm just hoping that my RyePA starts fermenting. I bought all my yeast at the same time and popped both packets at the same time. After 3 hours, the Wyeast #1335 British Ale II packet was barely swelled, but I could still hear bubbles inside, so I pitched anyway. The #3944 Belgian Wit, however was fully expanded.

So Sunday morning, the GF Wit was going like a champ (and so was my lager already!), however still this morning not much going on with the RyePA. I popped the lid and bubbles were coming to the top, but barely. No signs of infection, just an extremely slow start. I'm thinking of running to GF on my lunch break and pitching another packet tonight.

I am in Zionsville, and looking for a beer club to join. I have been brewing a little of a year all extract. I did brew with guys at Tuxedo and they taught me the basics on grain.

Did you Fishers guys join FBI?

Thanks

Back