My Wort Chilling Method

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agroff383

Reaction score
Finally took pics of my "system" to chill wort. I have a keggle and a large mixer bowl from a Hobart stand mixer, about 40 gallon capacity. I can fit the keggle in the mixer bowl...
photo5.jpg

And my dad has a commercial ice machine, I run the ice machine till it is full and fill the mixer bowl...
photo2-1.jpg

So plunk the keg into the mixer bowl with ice and water mixed, and run the immersion chiller, in 10 mins I am at pitching temp!
photo3.jpg

It just sucks lugging all this stuff around the yard and putting it away in the garage, but once I have my own place I will find a better way, can't do this at my apartment! Also the SQ14 burner kicks ASS! :rockin:

That's a huge a$$ pot you have there. Are you having someone help you lift the keggle into the pot? I could see a very bad accident with boiling wort splashing while lifting yourself.

That's a huge a$$ pot you have there. Are you having someone help you lift the keggle into the pot? I could see a very bad accident with boiling wort splashing while lifting yourself.

Yeah with 5 gal of wort it isn't too bad since the burner is higher now. I always get my dad or SWMBO to help move it though I have been in enough kitchen accidents to know better :cross:

Back