Firefox 3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been running it for a while (beta versions) in Ubuntu. It runs well, but I would stick with 2 for a while until the add-on authors update.

I downloaded the update last night at home...ugh... I'm kinda regretting it.

Page loading seems slower to me, and I hate how the history now comes up as a seperate window and doesn't seem to list the visit by days....

And I hate the format on the drop downs of the address bar when you type the first couple letters of a url....For example when I type in "ho" for homebrewtalk, instead of the usual list of visited urls (like "https://www.homebrewtalk.com/usercp") it comes up as 2 lines of text for each, the first is a sentence from that page, and then the url address...

I'm not sure I'm liking it at all...I'm going to give it a few days to get used to it, but I am wondering if I can revert to version 2 easily.Anyone know?

I never dreamed Firefox would let me down....I hope it's not gonna be like microsoft where the new version of something is worse than the previous one.

Well I'm running the beta at home, I can't get it here at work...stupid firewalls. I'm really digging it. My SWMBO hates firefox, and I don't know why. I love how I can make my homepage everything I need to know at a glance. For her it's more of the apperiance then anything I guess. BUt I'm loving it!

Page loading seems slower to me, and I hate how the history now comes up as a seperate window and doesn't seem to list the visit by days....

It seems to be loading very quickly and as far as your history just click view > sidebar > history
That is, if that is what you are looking for. Then to view the dates click the view drop down menu in the top right of the side bar and select by date.

well, I just installed it. Mem usage seems way down, which is awesome, but I just saw my first ad in a very long time and now I'm pissed. Adblock isn't compatible yet. grrr.

n/m...it just wouldn't automatically update. I found the new compatible version at mozilla.com. Crisis averted!

Well I'm running the beta at home, I can't get it here at work...stupid firewalls. I'm really digging it. My SWMBO hates firefox, and I don't know why. I love how I can make my homepage everything I need to know at a glance. For her it's more of the apperiance then anything I guess. BUt I'm loving it!
Simply opening a browser window tells me everything I need to know about why it's better (firefox in general I mean). It just opens and loads my homepage. Open an IE window and get hourglass, hard drive makes noise, clickity clickity, popup blocked x3. can't imagine why she's so attached.

well, I just installed it. Mem usage seems way down, which is awesome, but I just saw my first ad in a very long time and now I'm pissed. Adblock isn't compatible yet. grrr.

n/m...it just wouldn't automatically update. I found the new compatible version at mozilla.com. Crisis averted!

Funny...when mine was updated it just said that my version of adblock wasn't compatible, then it asked if I wanted firefox installer to find a working version, I clicked yes, and it did.

...and as far as your history just click view > sidebar > history
That is, if that is what you are looking for. Then to view the dates click the view drop down menu in the top right of the side bar and select by date.

Thanks, I'll play around with it when I get home tonight. I just figured I was missing something.

I'm running it and liking it so far (other than my prefered theme and favorite extension not being compatible so far). The reduced mem usage is really what drove me to upgrade since I am often running several applications at once.

I really like it except one of my XP machines is still having memory issues. FF immediately jumps to ~76MB and stays there. My linux machines are cruising along fine.

Back