new corny keg kit, a few questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nate_e

Reaction score
My father in law got me a refurb keg kit from Cornykeg.com for Christmas (who says in laws are bad!?) and I've got a batch that's just about ready for legging this weekend. Its a ball-lock keg with no relief valve and came with barb fittings. So a few questions:

Is it worth replacing the lid for a new one with a relief valve?
Should I swap out the barbs for MFL disconnects?
What's a good fridge for turning into a 2-keg 1-tank keggerator?

Thanks! Can't wait to chuck some of those bottles!

Is it worth replacing the lid for a new one with a relief valve?

No, you can use the "gas in" for a pressure relief valve by pressing in the poppit

Should I swap out the barbs for MFL disconnects?

I have barbs, and I like it just fine. But you could if you want.

What's a good fridge for turning into a 2-keg 1-tank keggerator?

I think there are lots of different ways to go, from a dorm fridge to a full sized fridge or even a small chest freezer depending on what size requirements you have. I have one small dorm one (for the cottage), and I have one full sized fridge. The full sized fridge is certainly more convenient- I store hops in the freezer section, yeast on the door, etc. I used to have a small "apartment" sized fridge and that really was ideal as it was bigger than the tiny dorm fridge but not all that much bigger footprint wise and the c02 tank fit in it nicely as well so it was "clean" looking. It died, though, so I replaced it with a full sized fridge- as a full size fridge is like $50 on Craigslist!

Back