Lancaster/Reading/Allentown PA grain group buy- Round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live just off of the Denver/PA turnpike exit of 222 so basically right in between Reading and Lancaster. I would be more than willing to bring some grain back to my place if that would be a better pickup location for anyone.

Hey oldfart, changed your order. thanks for posting up your locations guys. Hopefully this will help to move some grain!
Tom

alright...just about 3/4 of the way there...only 12 more sacks to go!! Let's go folks, let's get this thing filled up so we can get to brewing!!

A friend and I from Lancaster are about ready to add 2-4 bags to the order. Also, I see almost everyone chose the Canadian Malting 2-row. Are they generally regarded as the best pale 2-row for the price?

Tom,

I'd like

1x CM-2ROW

lustreking, I would take 10 to 15 lbs of light Munich.

If anyone is interested in splitting a sack of maris otter TF-MOPA, I would be interested as well.

Thanks,

beeber

Tom, I will take 2 x CM-2ROW, 1 x BD-MOPA, and 1 x GW-C40.

Thanks,
Tim (the guy who bought the carboys)

Okay everyone, looks like we hit the magic number! I have an offer to have the order shipped to Reading right on 5th street at the Sherwin williams. Which location works best for the group, Reading or Bethlehem? If it is in Reading I don't have a problem bringing the grains to my place for the people toward the Allentown area. I also frequent Keystone Homebrew, so I could bring them out to Bethlehem as well. If your in the order, go to the first post and be sure what is next to your name is what you want. I WILL BE USING THE FIRST PAGE AS MY ORDER SHEET!! If anything is wrong with your order be sure to let me know. Also, when you confirm your order, let me know if Reading or Bethlehem works out better. Quite honestly I'm not looking at placing the order until the end of next week at the earliest. I have a lot of stuff coming up the next couple weekends, thats why initially said about placing the order the middle of November. I hope that works out with everyone. In the mean time we can get the orders confirmed and I can get the totals out to everyone. You DO NOT have to pay until we get closer to the order date unless your using a MO or personal check (need time to get mailed and/or clear my bank).
Tom

Good morning Tom. Order looks good, Reading preferred and as stated I would be willing to assist anyone west of Reading (York, Lancaster). Thanks, nice job! Jim

Tom,

-My order is correct as listed on the first page.

-Reading would be more convenient for me and like Bentpirate, I would also be willing to help out Reading/Lancaster folks. Last time I picked up at your place (which was more convenient than Bethlehem--still less convenient than Reading), I could also pickup there again and carpool/pickup grain for Lancaster/Reading folks if needed.

Tom,

My order is correct, and a 5th St. Reading pick up would make my day!

Glad to see the magic # 42 was achieved, and thank you for your efforts putting this together.

Hey guys, a little help here. We have a person interested in the buy but didn't realize there was a cap on the sacks we could get. I know he's looking for atleast a sack of 2 row. Also wanted a sack of C40 and Carapils. I know no one ordered carapils and I'm pretty sure no one would want to part with a sack of C40. If anyone is willing to part with a sack of 2 row, that would be cool. I would (and might) give up a sack but I'm already not ordering enough due to money restraints.
Tom

i'll give up a sack of the Pils, i threw that in as an extra anyway. So my order stands 2 Canadian 2-row and the 1/4 of Crystal 60.

Tom,

I would like a sack of:

Bairds Maris Otter: BD MOPA

Canada Malt CM-2ROW

I would be fine picking up at your place again if that is ok w/ you.

Thanks,

Rob

Just re-read the first and last posts. Are you/we only able to order the 42 sacks?

Is the group buy closed then?

Hey Bert! Yes, unfortunately the buy is over. We are just waiting to confirm a couple orders yet and figure out when I can place the order. Sorry about that but I would like to do another in the beginning of the year so keep your eye out for a new thread.
Tom

Hey Tom,

Just curious about the order confirmations and how close we are getting to a projected pick up date, and where it will be?

Does it look like Bethlehem, or the Reading location. A quick review of the orders looks like the majority would prefer Reading as a delivery spot, especially when looking at the percentage of the sacks/total ordered.

Do you think this round will be able to be completed/picked up before Thanksgiving? Part of my order is going to a fellow brewer who I've mentored in AG brewing, and he was curious about his portion of my order.

Only asking so I can arrange my schedule for pick up. A Friday/Saturday pick up day can be worked best for me, at either Bethlehem, and preferablely Reading.

Hey oldfart! I think I'm waiting on 2 or 3 to confirm yet. I left my book at home so I can't even check. The majority is definitely pointing toward the Reading pick up. For myself, placing the order the week of Thanksgiving and picking up the following Saturday would work best. If that is too long for some people, we may be able to try and place the order next week for pick up the weekend of Thanksgiving. This would concern me though that the order could be delayed due to Thanksgiving holiday travel. not to mention picking up would be a pain in the butt for us do to the biggest shopping weekend of the year.
Tom

Hey Tom.

Thanx for the update on the group buy. It looks like the 11/27 date might be pushing it for shipping and a pick up date, but I would be able to do so despite the TG shopping frenzy. I do feel it can be done.

It sounds like there are a few hold outs that have not confirmed their orders yet.

Maybe contact them PM to see if they are "in" or "out" commitment wise. If they are not "in", it looked like that there was intertest after the "42" was filled. I would suggest a commitment date for the fence sitters, so we can move forward. If they aren't "in" then pick up the late comers.

It's a shame that a few are holding up the majority who are commited and ready to "get it done".:drunk:

This is the best deal going for AG brewing, and with the coming curency inflation, I am confident prices next year will be higher not only for grain, but shipping as well.

Your efforts are appreciated, and I just bottled a fresh EPA-Ordinary Bitter batch, and put aside a 6 pack for you on whatever pick up date this ends up to be.:mug::rockin:

Sorry guys, haven't been on in awhile. I honestly haven't had the time to PM anyone yet. I do plan on it, but like I said, I have a lot going on right now. Hopefully tonight I can sit down and go through the list of those that haven't confirmed. When everyone is confirmed I will let you all know and we can roll from there. Thanks for bearing with me right now and sorry for my lack of responces.
Tom

Okay, I believe everyone is confirmed. Some people responded back on what would be a suitable pickup location, but no confirmation on their order. I am counting them as confirmed. There was a person that PMed me after we closed the deal stating they wanted a couple sacks and I got one for them. However, I lost the persons name. If it was you and your reading this, please PM me so I can get your name down. For now I'm going to put the extra sack down as 2row and if no one claims it, I'll just take it. I have to call up NCM today and get an exact shipping quote. When I have that, I will start PMing order totals to people.
Tom

Also forgot to add, the majority voted for the Reading pick up location. If you will need someone to get your grains for you, you might want to start contacting them. If it were up to me, I would personally rather wait until the week after Thanksgiving to pick up the grains. I just have a bad feeling with the holiday that something will get screwed up. However, if we get the payments taken care of and everyone would rather pick up the holiday weekend, thats what we will do. Of course this all depends on the payments.
Tom

Also forgot to add, the majority voted for the Reading pick up location. If you will need someone to get your grains for you, you might want to start contacting them. If it were up to me, I would personally rather wait until the week after Thanksgiving to pick up the grains. I just have a bad feeling with the holiday that something will get screwed up. However, if we get the payments taken care of and everyone would rather pick up the holiday weekend, thats what we will do. Of course this all depends on the payments.
Tom

My vote is for Reading also.

gifty74- Actually with lustreking's sack and the other one we're missing, there are two sacks available.

I got the shipping address, but not until late. I will have to call NCM tomorrow to get the shipping quote. for some reason my phone isn't receiving my PM notifications or post notifications to this thread, so sorry if there are any delays getting back to anyone.
Tom

price sheet: NCM Price Sheet

Above is the link to the price sheets. We will be using Tier 1 Prices (<1,000#)

Pick-up Location:
Sherwinn Williams
3280 N. 5th Street Hwy.
Reading, Pa 19605

Potential Pick-up date:
Saturday, December 4th

Current Order: 42 sacks

PAID CONFIRMED johnodon- 2x CM-2ROW, 1x BZ-VIEN, 1x CM-MUNH

PAID CONFIRMED pava- 3x CM-2ROW, 1x BD-MOPA, 1x BZ-PILS, 1/2x BZ-MUNH

PAID CONFIRMED CoalCracker- 2x CM-2ROW

PAID CONFIRMED bentpirate- 2x CM-2ROW, 1x BD-MOPA, 1x BZ-PILS, 1/4x GW-C60

CONFIRMED TomRep- 4x CM-2ROW, 1x BZ-PILS, 1/2x BZ-VIEN, 1/2x BZ-MUNH, 1/2x TF-MOPA

PAID CONFIRMED Sithdad- 1/2x TF-MOPA, 1/4x GW-C60

PAID CONFIRMED Oldfart- 4x CM-2ROW, 1x CM-SPIL, 1x GW-C40, 1/2x BZ-Vien, 1/4x GW-C60

PAID CONFIRMED rianrt- 1x BZ-VIEN, 1x CM-2ROW, 1x TF-MOPA

PAID CONFIRMED psutimmah- 2x CM-2ROW, 1x BD-MOPA, 1x GW-C40

PAID CONFIRMED jwible204- 2x CM-2ROW, 1/4x GW-C60

PAID CONFIRMED beeber- 1x CM-2ROW

PAID CONFIRMED kryolla- 1x CM-2ROW

PAID CONFIRMED gifty74- 1x CM-2ROW

Back