Yet another Brutus build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunmetal

Reaction score
I have been hanging out on this forum like a fly on a wall, absorbing info and ideas to build my own brutus. I have accumulated kegs, tri clover fittings, clamps, and valves for the past 6 to 8 months or so. I frequent a scrapyard where all of the materials have come from except for the steel for the stand, and one of the valves. All of the stainless tri clover clamps, elbows, tubing, and the RIMS tube was purchased for $1.80 per pound. I wanted all three ball valves to be the same brand, so they would all have the same length, so one of the tri clover valves was bought on Ebay. I even got the monitor at the yard, for free, just had to replace some capacitors in the power supply. Wasn't sure if I wanted another monitor on the brewstand until I got the bcs-460. I figure one display on the laptop near the pint glass and chair, and the monitor on the stand to see while stirring, hop additions, etc. The monitor on the stand is also touch screen capable in case I want to upgrade software, etc. I,m not sure if the setup is going to work flawlessly, so I will be doing some test before I paint or powdercoat the stand. Still need to get a second pump and plate chiller for the BK and do the plumbing for that.
http://http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v643/mopargeek/Brutus%20Build/?action=view&current=eb9145d2.pbw

Looks like some very nice work. I like doing things on the cheap also. Building is part of the fun of the hobby.:mug:

Looks like some very nice work. I like doing things on the cheap also. Building is part of the fun of the hobby.:mug:

That is a sexy rig but I have a newbie question. Why three vessels in a RIMS? I keep seeing this and I am confused. I thought a RIMS was a two vessel method.

Latest posts

Back