Getting Started???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MashStirBrew

Reaction score
A friend of mine is looking into purchasing the two tap keg system from Midwest. I have looked around online for him to see if there might be a better/cheaper setup to get him going. But, since I have no experience myself, I figured I should consult the experts for him first. What do you guys think? Is this everything he will need to start or should I steer him in a different direction?

here is the link. http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=6858

As always, Thanks for any advice!:mug:

It has everything he needs but whether this is right for him depends on his brewing/drinking habits and general requirements.

For example, I tend to pour a beer not very often (at most once a day) so my research led me to better faucets as the ones you've pictured here will tend to have beer dry out inside if you don't pull beers often enough. I'd end up having to clean the taps more often than I like. Look for forward sealing faucets from Ventmatic (formerly Shirron) and Perlick.

There are a million "right" ways to do things... it all depends on your requirements/budget/etc.

Kal

Back