Keggle finding he**

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhltechie

Reaction score
hey all....i have been looking for used kegs for what seems FOREVER. well i have given up....I found these from sabco that have the couplers welded on already. Does this look like my best option? I have my valves already but I will need a temp gauge and would like a sight glass. anyone see anything wrong with these that I should keep looking?

Sabco's are nice. I have two of them, but I must have bought them used many years ago because the one shown on the website (new) looks amazing. My two keggles have a buch of little dents all over from some pretty rough use I'm assuming, but they've worked flawlessly for 15 years. Only you can justify if another $100 per keggle is worth it for a new one.

Sabco's are nice. I have two of them, but I must have bought them used many years ago because the one shown on the website (new) looks amazing. My two keggles have a buch of little dents all over from some pretty rough use I'm assuming, but they've worked flawlessly for 15 years. Only you can justify if another $100 per keggle is worth it for a new one.

thanks for the reply.....i dont think i could justify an extra $100 for new. i was going to get used kegs anyway....when i was looking...that is.

hey all....i have been looking for used kegs for what seems FOREVER. well i have given up....I found these from sabco that have the couplers welded on already. Does this look like my best option? I have my valves already but I will need a temp gauge and would like a sight glass. anyone see anything wrong with these that I should keep looking?

Yes, go to kegglebrewing.com and you will find them a little less expensive than Sabco. Terry is a member here and will take care of you.

Yes, go to kegglebrewing.com and you will find them a little less expensive than Sabco. Terry is a member here and will take care of you.

hmmm.....i'd never seen this site. they are actually the same price less about $4. I cannot see a big picture so I am not sure where the couplers are placed....so I would like to contact him to see. The shipping is the same as well...so I would much rather buy from a fellow homebrewtalk member than commercial if the couplers are positioned in a good spot. thanks for the link!!

I've been having a tough time finding used, legit kegs down here. I thought the draw to 1/2 kegs was availability and cost......if I was looking to spend $180 on something I would probably just look at a penrose (http://brewhemoth.com/penrose-kettle) and save a few bucks.

Whatcha think?

huh....i had never seen these before. only drawback being I already have my 3 pc SS ball valve...and the sabco comes with 2 couplers instead of one. I'm looking to have a sight glass and such so the holes already being drilled would be grrrrreat.

they are also sold out right now... :(

Yea.....I don't think Josh and Dale really anticipated the demand. From what I hear it is a good product. Hopefully they can keep their prices where they are at.....

I was going to get a keggle for my brewpot, and then I was going to get a Penrose, but I settled on a Bayou Classic 60QT pot from Amazon for $120. If you have the valves already you can just get a couple weldless bulkheads from bargainfittings.com.

I was going to get a keggle for my brewpot, and then I was going to get a Penrose, but I settled on a Bayou Classic 60QT pot from Amazon for $120. If you have the valves already you can just get a couple weldless bulkheads from bargainfittings.com.

i thought about going that route....but I had a bayou classic before and quite honestly....i didnt care for it. it felt light and thin compared to my 30QT polarware kettle. I have all my valves and such.....just no kegs...guess i put the cart before the horse..ha.

I have one of these pots from more beer.

It cost a bit more then the keggles but I thing it's slightly better. The "tri clad" bottom works really well to distribute heat. The bottom is flat so it sits flat on any type of burner. It's lower and wide so it's easier to clean. No lip at the top and a true lid. Overall the stainless is crazy thick. Built like a tank, it could easily last a life time.

Back