Dale's Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwAMi75

Reaction score
I don't know how widely available this stuff is. I've only seen it at one store here locally. It's brewed in Colorado, and I've only seen it in cans. The only reason I was interested in it was that our local HB club is having a contest this month to see who could best clone it.

So I picked up a sixxer of it ($7.00, in cans) and tossed it in the fridge. I was working out in the garage for a while, came in and grabbed one. Holy crap, is this stuff good!!

To me, it tastes like SNPA should taste. I dunno if it's just me, but SNPA always has a bit of a stale flavor to it. The malt flavor in Dale's tastes just like a pale ale wort smells.....very fresh. The hops aren't overpowering, but the balance is just right.

Keep in mind that this is straight from the can. I never thought a canned beer could taste so good, but my eyes have been opened. This stuff kicks the crap out of SNPA (IMO, of course), hands down.

If y'all can get your hands on some, give it a shot....I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Sam

never heard or seen it before? i do like SNPA, so imagine i'd like that one too. i'll look out for it.

thanks for the tip.
DeRoux's Broux

The Dales Pale is real good. The same company also makes a Scottish style beer called Old Chub and of course it only comes in cans as well.

I just picked up my first sixer of Dale's Pale Ale yesterday, and holy cow, I couldn't stop drinking the stuff, it's so good. :ban:

threadnecromancyns1nf0.jpg

You do have to give him props for using the search feature and digging this up. I do wish that more people would start using the commercial review database though.

All of Oskar Blues stuff comes in cans. Cheaper to ship than bottles, easier to recycle, and keeps the light out. Awesome restaurant too, if you are ever in the Lyons/Boulder/Denver area.

Back