Best/cheapest places to get ingredient kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philly224

Reaction score
So I just brewed my first batch the other day and I am already itching to do another before this one is even out of the fermenter. I used an extract kit with all the ingredients I needed this time.

I am thinking I should probably do a few more kits to get the process down before I go putting together the ingredients myself. What are some good sites that have decent deals on ingredients kits or just ingredients in general. Midwest brewing has some nicely priced kits at around $27-35 but shipping is like $10 so that drives the price up a good bit. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

If you are close to Center City, stop by Home Sweet Homebrew. The owner, George, will be more than happy to put together a kit for you.

I believe he is located at 20th and Sansom.

The second beer I brewed was a Steam Beer that he put together in about 5 minutes. It was excellent.

If you are close to Center City, stop by Home Sweet Homebrew. The owner, George, will be more than happy to put together a kit for you.

I believe he is located at 20th and Sansom.

The second beer I brewed was a Steam Beer that he put together in about 5 minutes. It was excellent.

Think I would be able to get a kit for around 30-40 bucks? I go to Drexel so I wouldn't mind taking a trip there after school sometime! Thanks for the tip!

Morebeer.com has kits for $25 with free shipping if you spend $59 and graintoglasshomebrew.com has some very reasonable priced ones and reasonable shipping rates. Neither have the selection of kits that midwest or austin homebrew does but I think the overall value including shipping and what is included is better.

Think I would be able to get a kit for around 30-40 bucks? I go to Drexel so I wouldn't mind taking a trip there after school sometime! Thanks for the tip!

I think so.

I can't remember how much I paid for the Steam Beer kit as it was four years ago. I do believe it was in that range though.

My next will be my first partial mash. There is a good thread stickied at the top of this forum on how to do it. Doesn't look much harder than steeping grains but I can't say for sure.

My next will be my first partial mash. There is a good thread stickied at the top of this forum on how to do it. Doesn't look much harder than steeping grains but I can't say for sure.

How many extract batches do you have under your belt? I think I want to do at least 2-3 more and maybe acquire a bit more equipment in the process before I jump into partial mash.

I have only done two. My second went a hundred times smoother than my first. I think the big thing you need equipment wise is a grain bag big enough to hold the extra grain. And a floating thermometer if you don't have one which I don't yet but will be purchasing next order.

Back