Real Life Angry Birds...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ciliorozo

Reaction score
So I think I know how the creator of Angry Birds got his idea. We have been having Cardinals attack our windows in the mornings for a few weeks now. Whats the deal? I am guessing its mating season or something and they are very territorial, but they start around 7AM and don't quit until around 11AM or so. There are times where they fly back and forth between our window and the neighbors window. Anyone else experience this? Is this normal behavior for Cardinals? We have been living here for 3 years and this is the first time this has happened.

It's those angry hippos that want to run into your house you have to worry about..... especially if they have tatoos and a baby in their arms...

Haha, you have tap them first... Try tapping a Bluejay :) These birds are seriously annoying.

The worst are crows.... Them dang things get into your trash, your fire pit, whatever, and rip everything to pieces, and spread it all over the dang place...

We had finches doing that not to long ago, if it's breeding technique it didn't work.

We had finches doing that not to long ago, if it's breeding technique it didn't work.

I have a customer that has a problem with that.. I've replaced two broken window for them already.. finches, jays, and jays chasing finches..

She has a reflective coating to reduce sun through her windows.. I built her a big bird 'corral' about 30' in front of those windows, because she feeds them and then likes to sit indoors with her binoculars and camera and watch them through the windows...

Quite a variety of birds in her yard, and deer, and squirrels, and raccoon, and quail, and you name it.... They all know where to come for free dinner...

The dang deer and the sqirrels actually sit out there and wait for her to come feed them.... LOL

Every year there's more.. Currently a couple bucks, a half dozen does, and several fawn... and the fattest squirrels I've ever seen...

We're currently trying to work out solutions to keep them from flying into the windows without diminishing her views... (the birds..not the squirrels or deer :D )

She's president of the local audobon society or some such...

We have been having Cardinals attack our windows in the mornings for a few weeks now. Whats the deal? I am guessing its mating season or something and they are very territorial,

Probably angle of the sun/window they see a reflection of a bird they don't know (themselves). Bird sight is really sharp, and they know each other well. So the reflection of the unknown bird, the territory "invasion", .... attack! Chase it away...

will probably die down as the angle of the sun changes.

I've seen years when I have tons of birds, and years more sparse. So the fact you haven't seen it before doesn't really mean anything.

Damn... Thought this was a thread about firing real birds out of slingshots. Please rename the misleading thread title.

Last spring, there was this finch that would sit on the bottom ledge of the window on the passenger door of my van, and he would repeatedly attack the mirror.. It went on every day for two or three hours in the morning.. for months...

Thought is was pretty humorous until the damned bird finally cracked the mirror!

Should have video taped it.. maybe I could have gotten money out of AFV to fix the mirror...

Latest posts

Back