If my starter wort boiled over, is it still ok to use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixalated

Reaction score
Probably a silly question, but when making a starter for the first time yesterday it boiled over during the 30 seconds I looked away. I dumped the whole thing and re-made it.

Could i have still used what was in the flask? It didn't look like I lost too much liquid.

O may be wrong here but if your actual wort had boiled over during your brew day, would you have dumped it and started over? (said with a silly smirk on my face and all in fun)

Prolly would have been ok

T

I don't know. I probably would've come crying for help here. I've always seen that boilovers are bad and messy, but never seen on what do with it.

I don't see why not. As long you had enough wort in the flask. You're not losing anything essential for the yeast in a boil over.

I don't know. I probably would've come crying for help here. I've always seen that boilovers are bad and messy, but never seen on what do with it.

You do know I was kidding around right.

Boil overs happen, unless you the right amount of head room. No big deal, they do suck to clean up though

T

Back