Cleaning keg faucetts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipgate

Reaction score
Who here cleans their lines and faucetts between each brew?

If I have a new one ready, and swap it out as soon as the old one finishes, I don't clean anything, I just let 'er rip. Even if it is a different kind. I only clean everything out if it will sit with no beer for awhile.

If I do not have anything ready to go I will run water through the lines. Then i will disconnect the keg and the lines will still be filled with water.

I keep a keg of carbonated water on hand for making soda.

I always break everything down and give them a good soaking cleaning between kegs. I have to. With 5 beers on tap, and I am usually the only one drinkin' there is no telling how long it takes for me to float a keg.

Changing a Keg usually means cleaning one too.

So I usually run some of the Oxiclean mix through it and let it soak for 15 minutes or so and then do the same with starsan.

I do not disassemble them on any schedule...

I clean my lines every beer or two, about every two to three months. If not cleaned, they tend to build up beerstone. Once it's built up enough, it won't come off, requiring changing the lines. I'd rather spend 20 minutes and a few pennies on cleaning regularly than to have to replace my lines at about $4 each.

Back