I love explosive fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My most recent oatmeal stout blew its top, I didnt notice for 2 days :( it stinks!
the whole basement stinks! crap! :(

Who doesn't check their beer for 2 days when it is in the primary? Sounds like the kind of mistake you only make once.

I don't, usually.

I brew, seal it, and walk away. I come back 14+ days later, rack it to a keg, seal it, and walk away. I also quit using hydrometers though. :3

I've only had my Mint Julep ale pop its top, and I just popped it back on when I noticed. I doubt it'll pick up anything inside of a cabinet.

Whoa, weird. You ain't kidding! I'm not great w/ identifying, so maybe someone else will jump in and say "Oh I recognize that!" but if I had to guess (just off the sour milk) it could be Lacto...

No verdict on my Julep... going to crack the lid this evening and figure out what I'm doing re: dryhopping, etc., and if it "made it" without infection. More to come.

I still need to brew *AN* oatmeal stout. I've meant to and meant to and meant to....but never got to it.

Oh well. I have my Sinful Stout to keep me company in the meantime. Reminds me, time to check that keg, see how it's carb'ing up! :)

mmmmoatmeal stout!

found out my softball game was rained out.... even though this is the first day in a looong time there has been no rain..

so i brewed an oatmeal stout
bottle guinees clone
racked apfelwine to secondary
racked douple back to secondary

busy busy

Back