Quad-seal o-rings on posts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustBow

Reaction score
I just placed an order at orings & more and went ahead and bought some of those quad-seal o-rings in both the 109 & 111 sizes.

I know people love them for the dip tube orings, but has anyone used them on the actual posts for the QD's tho?

For $3 I figured why not & threw a bag in the order.

FWIW, I use the red silicone on the gas posts and the black buna on the liquid side just for easy identification - if the silicone offer an easier/superior seal, all the better.

I was just curious if anyone had tried the quads on the QD posts before

I haven't tried them, but I'm sure somebody has. From scrounging around the interwebs, the main benefit is less force on the seal, which helps prevent "galling" the post threads. It sounds like they'd work fine on the posts, but the up-charge may not be worthwhile if you replace after every kicked corny.

With that being said, where are you finding #111 quad seals for $3? Please share!
For $3 I figured why not & threw a bag in the order.

They're currently $11.54 (100-count bag) at McMaster-Carr.

Never used them anywhere. I'm really sensitive to rubber/plastic flavors, so I use mostly silicone o-rings for my kegs. I've found the silicone to seal a little better than standard buna-n, and I'd bet the quad seal probably seal better than either. I wonder if someone carries silicone quad seal o-rings?

With that being said, where are you finding #111 quad seals for $3? Please share!

They're currently $11.54 (100-count bag) at McMaster-Carr.

$3.15/ 20ct bag at o-rings and more.

Back