My BREW STAND

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popompd

Reaction score
Hello, I need your help!!!
I built my brew stand under the style of Sam Scott's Wallace. I Have the Banjo Burner 10" burner with the 3/8 flare fitting. The first question is what is the proper height to mount the burner to get the best flame and most efficiency out of them. Question two is what size needle valve should I purchase. Question three, Do I need a 30 or 40 PSI hose to run this system. I will post pictures of my stand when it is done. Thanks for all your help!!
Mark

About 40% done!!! Need to install the pumps, chiller and gas lines along with personal touches. Can't wait!!

ForumRunner_20120415_073327.jpg

Looking pretty good! I keep telling myself I'm going to build a brew stand, especially after seeing some of the great ones people share here. Someday I'll get off my lazy butt and do it.

Keep up the good work, look forward to seeing more pictures when it's complete!

Nice work. I'm building a similar brewstand myself.
What did you decide as far as the height of the burners?
Which size needle valve and hose are you gonna use?

I've got my 3 keggles and stand assembled. Just looking around at prices on the 10" burners and march pumps. I'm thinking I may just use one march pump and use silicone tubing with quick disconnects.

Hello
Gduck, I was the same way. Seeing all the cool stands on this site motivated me. I will keep updating pictures as I continue to build it.
I-Hop----I asked around and looked at other stands like mine with the banjo burners and I decided on 3 1/2 inches but I can raise and lower them if I want. (drilled holes at 4" and 2". The best price on the burners was at northernbrewer.com. I paid $43.00 each free shipping. Not that bad of a price with all the rave that these burners get. As far as needle valves... as Onehopguy stated and I found out there is only one size. I also got that at notherbrewer.com. It was labled as natural gas converter kit. The salesman said it would work and that is what he uses. The hoses I was told I can use gas stove or appliance lines. Still looking.
OneHoppyGuy---- Thanks for the information, I purchased a 20psi regulator. I read your threads and they helped a lot. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site. I hope I can help out people who have questions like you have helped me.
After the build is complete I will be posting a detailed list of prices and where I purchased it and the total amount I paid to get my stand going. I know I will have sticker shock when I add it up but it will be worth it. The stuff I was using before was good for starting out but I've out grown it.

3 - 1/2" to 4" is about right. Our shroud is designed to work at those depths.

yeh,
some people have sticker shock when we send them a quote. The cost of parts is incredibly high now. And since we don't purchase large volumes because every build is custom, we are paying about the same as anyone working on single stand.

Back