Dual regulator ISSUES, help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryaned82

Reaction score
I need some help before I kill myself here. Already damn near broke my nose, and broke my new regulator before I even had it set up.

I have a Cornelius dual regulator I bought for ONE corny keg now, and I'll be adding a second in April. Picture this: I have one tube hooked up to the first regulator and then its connected to my corny and the other is bare at this moment. I CANNOT get the second regulator not hooked up to anything to stop spewing co2. Its got a little locknut and then adjustable screw. I have tried opening it all the way and closing it all the way with NO success. I thought I would be able to have one of them shut off if only using one corny. What am I doing wrong here?

corny regulator.jpg

To close it undo the locking nut and turn the screw counter clockwise

If you are not able to dial it off with the screw one solution would be to have a valve on the line coming from the regulator not being used.

Okay, so I do need to buy a threaded flare cap to lock the air out. So, its okay for co2 to go into the second regulator and be stopped in its track by a flare cap then? Here's an actual pic of my setup incase any others have ideas. Its just weird because I was under the assumption that I would be able to close up the second valve when needed with just the locknut and screw. Thanks for the info P-J.

That pic is not great quality I know. Also, I don't have the tank on in this pic and I thought it was odd that my guage was not reading at zero. It came at zero when I got in mail, but after some co2 went through it never went down to zero. Normal for those to stick a little?

regulatorsetup.jpg

Okay, so I do need to buy a threaded flare cap to lock the air out. So, its okay for co2 to go into the second regulator and be stopped in its track by a flare cap then? Here's an actual pic of my setup incase any others have ideas. Its just weird because I was under the assumption that I would be able to close up the second valve when needed with just the locknut and screw. Thanks for the info P-J.

That pic is not great quality I know. Also, I don't have the tank on in this pic and I thought it was odd that my guage was not reading at zero. It came at zero when I got in mail, but after some co2 went through it never went down to zero. Normal for those to stick a little?

There may still be pressure which the gauge is reading. ;)

Back