Auto siphon cracked

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wormraper

Reaction score
ok, I accidentally dropped my auto siphon a few days ago and I noticed today that there are some TINY little spider cracks on the outside about 1/2 way up the outer "shell" of it, almost can't tell they're their until the light hits it just right... I can't tell if they go all the way through or not but I assume at this point that the outer shell is screwed for ever using again for fear of infection. Can I just pull out the "racking Cane" section of it and create a siphon the old fashioned way with that part of it (it's undamaged)?

also I've seen that most people don't recommend using your mouth on the tubing to create the suction. how would I start the siphon otherwise????

I'm going to miss my autosiphon :(, it was so easy to use

Fill the tube with water cap the one end stick the other end in your carboy. Lower the other end below the surface level of the full carboy and remove your thumb from the end of hose letting the water drain out and it will create suction on the other end if the hose.

Fill the tube with water cap the one end stick the other end in your carboy. Lower the other end below the surface level of the full carboy and remove your thumb from the end of hose letting the water drain out and it will create suction on the other end if the hose.

ahhh, that sounds easy enough, thanks

I was thinking about just replacing the whole auto siphon but saw that plain boring old racking canes are just $1.99 and decided that I could give up some ease of use for a $12 difference for the auto-siphon

Back