zeitgeist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely makes you take a step back and look through a wider perspective. I dig all those conspiracy documentaries. There's a blogger who researches a lot of the religious claims and there's not much foundation for what they represent as fact.

Tex said:
Definitely makes you take a step back and look through a wider perspective. I dig all those conspiracy documentaries. There's a blogger who researches a lot of the religious claims and there's not much foundation for what they represent as fact.

Any one of the 4 or so main points is pretty shocking on its own, and impossible to not believe!

I am sure there are people who will fudge things either way, but if even half of it stands (and I am certain it does) then it requires a new look at the world.

Read the blog.

Smoke and mirrors. (the blog)

His point that Horus wasn't originally god of the sun (interesting) and wasn't accepted as such until 1000 BC or so........

Oh, so only 1000 years before you know who......;)

His points are accurate, but seem to be meant to be confusing and distracting from the original point.

Just because something was the not the case until 1000 BC, rather than 3500 BC still makes it one hell of a long time ago.

damn, that's a crazy program... i figured on some of that stuff, but it lays it right out for ya...

damn, that's a crazy program... i figured on some of that stuff, but it lays it right out for ya...

Agreed! If 1 or 2 of the 8000 supporting quotes or facts is slightly off or misquoted then they are doing pretty damned well.

Just watched it. As a vet i feel cheated by our system. It all makes sense ( which i get is the point of the movie ) but damn it all just seems to fall into place to perfectly.

It seems the more you learn the more disturbing, in most cases, the world becomes. There are many systems in place to keep us from the truth. I watched zeitgeist with some friends years ago and it definitely made me think. I tend to at least consider conspiracy theories because it seems that you can find at least some truth in everything. I like to research what I feel could be true and take the rest with a grain of salt. It is kind of funny every time I watch one of those movies something seems to click. Like certain things start to make sense. Everyone I've talked to feel the same way. So there's got to be something to it. Not sure if you've seen but there are 2 more zeitgeists, Addendum and Zeitgeist 3. I'm just now watching the second one, which talks about the monetary system, but have yet to watch the third. Here are the links if you're interested: , .

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome ill check them out. It amazes me the comments people leave totally dismissing the movie or trying to discredit the maker. I take your approach of with a grain of salt and then believe what makes the most sense to me.

Pass out the tinfoil hats and commemorative "aliens built the pryamids" t-shirts.

The fact that people *actually* believe this crap just goes to show how stupid people really are. So much for higher education and critical thinking. People have the right to believe whatever they want, but they shouldn't be able to blatantly spew lies without reprehension. (Ahem, FoxNews... CNBC).

I got through 3/4th of this 'documentary' before I couldn't stand it anymore. The guy pretty much gets all his facts wrong. If you are genuinely interested in learning about the origins of christianity, terrorism, and the economics of conflict, go read a book. This thing is just fantasy.

Please show me the books id gladly like to indulge in literature that disputes these points.

Please show me the books id gladly like to indulge in literature that disputes these points.

These will get you started. ;)

The Historical Figure of Jesus. E.P Sanders

An Economic History of the United States: From 1607 to the Present. Ronald Seavoy.

9/11 Commission Report. (www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report.pdf)

The first two books are a bit heavy reading, but are two of the best accessible works on Jesus and US economics. Ignoring the conspiracy theories on the 9/11 report, it is a good place to start if you want to come up with your own opinion.

Also, came across this just now. Didn't read through it, but it seems someone spent a lot of time debunking this film.

http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/articles/zeitgeist/

Thanks. I wasnt being sarcastic. I enjoy reading and understanding all sides of view points especially religion and economics. Both sides are very heated.

I have to say that alot of the websites that i went on to debunk the movies had a very biased religious almost evangelical background. Or were using youtube videos of others debunking in what seems there childhood bedroom.

bierhaus15 said:
Pass out the tinfoil hats and commemorative "aliens built the pryamids" t-shirts.

The fact that people *actually* believe this crap just goes to show how stupid people really are. So much for higher education and critical thinking. People have the right to believe whatever they want, but they shouldn't be able to blatantly spew lies without reprehension. (Ahem, FoxNews... CNBC).

I got through 3/4th of this 'documentary' before I couldn't stand it anymore. The guy pretty much gets all his facts wrong. If you are genuinely interested in learning about the origins of christianity, terrorism, and the economics of conflict, go read a book. This thing is just fantasy.

The irony is nearly suffocating.

You, sir, are comfortably deluded.

(I am however with you on Foxnews.)

cheezydemon3 said:

(I am however with you on Foxnews.)

I wasnt going to point that out haha but it made me chuckle

Yeah, I probably should have worded that better when I wrote it at 2am.

However, the real irony here is that you, of all people, would call someone else deluded.

By the way, T&D v. Evil sucks! :D

bierhaus15 said:
Yeah, I probably should have worded that better when I wrote it at 2am.

However, the real irony here is that you, of all people, would call someone else deluded.

By the way, T&D v. Evil sucks! :D

Whoa there are just sometimes people cross the line and you sir ran over it......T&D is awesome.

Whoa there are just sometimes people cross the line and you sir ran over it......T&D is awesome.

Well at least that told me all that I needed to know!

DELUDED = "willfully ignoring evidence to the contrary of what you believe to be true"

I am not sure what is true or not, so hard to be deluded with an open mind.

Good luck Bierhaus15, ignorance is bliss, right?

Yeah, I probably should have worded that better when I wrote it at 2am. TRUE

However, the real irony here is that you, of all people, would call someone else deluded. FALSE

By the way, T&D v. Evil sucks! FALSE :D

1 out of 3. Please try again.

Agreed.

I'm down voting his comment in my heart.

Thumbs down might be a good thing.

I have not seen this movoe but Im sure I know its points. Here try this as well guys. Infowars.com watch his docs for free on youtube.

gbx said:
I haven't seen the later films but the first one is almost entirely incorrect. This site breaks it down line by line (or lie by lie)...and references are provided unlike the original film which provides none
http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/articles/zeitgeist/

Lol. Read it. Same BS. Minor insccuracies are pointed out as if they disprove the 2000 other accurate facts.
I am sure you are bent out of shape over........9/11...right??? Oh no! Banking???!

Of course not.

At best, zeitgeist shows that the man Jesus has been hopelessly mired and mixed up with ancient mythology.

Sorry that makes you uncomfortable, but I myself would rather know the uncomfortable truth, than be blissful in my ignorance.

Lol. Read it. Same BS. Minor insccuracies are pointed out as if they disprove the 2000 other accurate facts.
I am sure you are bent out of shape over........9/11...right??? Oh no! Banking???!

Of course not.

At best, zeitgeist shows that the man Jesus has been hopelessly mired and mixed up with ancient mythology.

Sorry that makes you uncomfortable, but I myself would rather know the uncomfortable truth, than be blissful in my ignorance.

If this crap was remotely true it would make me very uncomfortable. The movie makes wild claims of world history being a lie and that there is a big conspiracy driving it all...but it provides no proof or even references for its claims! Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - the burden of proof is not on the rest of the world to prove zeitgeist is wrong. did you read the section about jesus? http://conspiracies.skepticproject..../part-one/#jesus_and_connection_to_other_gods ...fully referenced debunking of the jesus vs ancient gods section ...and everyone who isn't a young earth creationist knows that the english translation of the bible and christian traditions shouldn't be taken word for word literally.

gbx said:
If this crap was remotely true it would make me very uncomfortable. The movie makes wild claims of world history being a lie and that there is a big conspiracy driving it all...but it provides no proof or even references for its claims! Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - the burden of proof is not on the rest of the world to prove zeitgeist is wrong. did you read the section about jesus? http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/articles/zeitgeist/part-one/#jesus_and_connection_to_other_gods ...fully referenced debunking of the jesus vs ancient gods section ...and everyone who isn't a young earth creationist knows that the english translation of the bible and christian traditions shouldn't be taken word for word literally.

:mug: common ground.

I don't know what is right, but I know the " the bible is the errant word of god" morons are Wrong.

Back