First Brew Day Of 2013!!! What are you making?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big juicy IPA with Simcoe and Citra. Using my new mill (Thanks Honey...) to put a dent in a sack of 2 Row!

Going to brew my IPA with a few tweaks since last time on Thursday providing I get all my ingredients together and my starter going in time.

Going to my first brew in the keggle I should be finishing tomorrow night.

January 5, 2013: English Pale Ale. Marris Otter, EKG, Fuggles. WLP006. 10 gal. Using a new system which allows no contact with ambient air from boil kettle to glass. Wish me luck........ :)

Gonna be doing a pecan stout for the first time ever, should be interesting haha.

That sounds great..

Let me know how it goes. The Abita Pecan Ale is awesome, and I was thinking of doing something with Pecans in a Stout..

But getting ahead of myself as my first batch hasn't even been bottled yet.

brewing.jpg

Brewing a cascade colombus imperial ipa as I speak. It's a beautiful winter day for brewing. Happy new year!

All be sure to add your 2013 gallon count to the new 2013 year brew tracker thread.

5 gallons Bourbon Barrel Old Ale and 5 gallons Iresh Red, both from Midwest and both kicked up a notch. BBOA OG = 1.080. Irish Red OG = 1.054.

I did an Irish red new years day! My 3rd AG batch. 6 gallons.... 1.052 OG. It's poppen good in the fermenter right now. Trying out the new dual channel digital controller. Missed this thread yesterday when I started a similar one. ;) first attempt at an Irish red.

All going well I should receive my new BK in the mail on Friday. I'll be stopping by the LHBS to pick up some sanitizer and a couple of other things and then I'll be brewing my first ever batch later that day or on Saturday. British Pale Ale to get me started, can't wait!

12 gallons of an Abita Turbodog clone + 1lb of brown sugar...

brewed on my new all electric brewstand on New Year's Day!

Brewed a 40% rye Roggenbier on the first and today I'm getting in a caribou slobber variation.

On a cold & drizzly Brew Year's Day, I fired up the 3-tier in my garage and cooked up my "3 Crops 3 Hops" cream ale recipe: barley, corn & rice with Centennial, Hallertauer, and Saaz. Should be ready for the Superbowl to help convert the BMC crowd.

I'm on the dregs of my on-hand ingredients now so will be brewing something of a Bière de Garde with 4oz of smoked malt in the mix...1.073 est. OG.

I still have not decided on a yeast yet...probably one of the saison strains or Belgian wit.

i will be kegging a german pilsner. then making a german dark pilsner and pouring the wort right onto the yeast cake coming this sunday.

New Year's Eve. Brewed a Scotch Ale with just enough peated to notice... I hope.

Cheers!

Made the Bee Cave Bavarian Hefe yesterday.

Today making a Deschutes Black Butte Porter clone attempt. Back to back brew days to start 2013! Woot woot!!!

Happy Brew Year!

I've got about 5 minutes left in my mash on a Cologne Kolsch, my first of the year.

I don't believe I've ever had a kolsch and I don't know anything about the style. Midwest Brewing Supplies accidentally sent me two of these AG kits by accident... So I figure I'll get to know what a kolsch is!

This weekend my son and I will be brewing three AG batches - Nut Brown Ale, Mac & Jack and a smoked IPA.

mmmmmmmmm.

I'm going to brew the Schwarzviertler that is in the current issue of BYO. I've been thinking about a Dunkel anyhow and 5% Rauchmalt sounds like it may be interesting.

I'm not going to follow their exact process. For example, I'm not going to do a 4 hour sparge. I'm still trying to decide if I want to do a decoction for the mash out. I probably will. If not, I may add some melanoidin malt to the grain bill.

So I decided to do an Honey Orange Hefeweizen instead of the Peach Berry Wheat. I am brewing it up right now! Just started heating up my water to add my first can of LME. Ill try to take pics. I have family coming over and i cant multi task that much.

Mashing my IPA currently. overshot my temp and then over corrected so I am mashing a couple degrees low :(

and by a couple degrees I mean like 8 :(

Back