When companies go RIGHT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoebisch01

Reaction score
Just a random thread to throw in your 2¢ for companies that always exceed your expectations. One caveat, you must have done business with them more than 3 times.

Mine is www.uptontea.com. They have been one of the absolute best places that I have ordered tea from over the years.

Direct TV. I've never had a problem with them as far as customer service goes.

amazon.com and newegg.com are both good ive bought a fair amount from each and never had issues with anything including returns. netflix.com is pretty good too.
on the other side Ive never had anything but problems with home depot, stop and shop, and costco

Netflix. if they screw up a delivery, the next one is sent off the very next day no questions asked. They were gonna get rid of profiles, everyone complained, they were really cool about it and changed their minds.

Lowes' return policy on most stuff is amazing. No receipt needed...we use our blender every day, so the motor goes out on it every 8 months or so...just bring it back and exchange it for a new one.

Netflix. if they screw up a delivery, the next one is sent off the very next day no questions asked. They were gonna get rid of profiles, everyone complained, they were really cool about it and changed their minds.

+1. And when we wanted to cancel, it was easy, and hassle-free. Find another auto-subscription web service like that, I dare you!

Mine is www.uptontea.com. They have been one of the absolute best places that I have ordered tea from over the years.

Adagio Teas is the best tea I've ever had - particularly for whole flower teas and jasmine.

+1 to Amazon. If anything is ever wrong, we just send it back, and get a new one, no questions asked. They also offer the Prime shipping, which gets you free 2-day shipping for $80/year. The membership allows 3 other people to share it with you, so everyone can get 2-day shipping all year long for $20 each. It's awesome if you buy a lot from Amazon (and we do).

I ceased buying anything from amazon when they wouldn't honor a gift certificate 2 days past the 1-yr expiration date.

Yes, I know the expiration is in the fine print, but I just think expiration dates on gift cards/certs are wrong. When I pushed them on it, and said "either re-issue the cert, or you'll never see another dime of my money", they opted for the latter.

EDIT: and yes, I realize that in some cases I'm cuttong off my nose to spite my face. There are times when things are easier to find or less expensive on Amazon, and I understand why people like them. And now that they serve as the back-end of a lot of online sites, it gets harder and harder to avoid them.

+1 on Netflix, also:

Rockler woodworking (they sent me the wrong wood glue; I called them and they sent the right one right out and said don't worry about sending back the other)

Bosch (I lost a tiny set screw to a $15 router bit; I got a new one in the mail at no charge 2 days after I called them asking if I could buy another one)

String Swing (They make wall hangers for guitars... I bought a bunch of them secondhand and they were all missing some rubber retainer rings. They sent me a whole envelope full of them free of charge)

Rockler woodworking. I started getting into making some of my own woodwork and doing a few things. I am not great but I love doing it. I wanted to build a bed. So I went there to get all the stuff and they were great. I also build a small table and a swing. They were awsome with helping select wood and style of how to build these things.

Back