Whats the current Nugget Nectar recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sivdrinks

Reaction score
Lots of threads with different grain bills. I believe the one with Pilsner as the main base as opposed to Vienna.

Anyone? If not I'm going with my 9lb Pils, 2lb Munich and 2lb Vienna bill. I get about 80% efficiency with BIAB.

How'd this turn out? I'd like to make a Nugget Nectar clone soon, but as you mentioned, there's 3 or 4 different recipes floating around HBT.

max129 said:
How'd this turn out? I'd like to make a Nugget Nectar clone soon, but as you mentioned, there's 3 or 4 different recipes floating around HBT.

Probably keg this weekend, dry hopped for 7 days. Samples were promising, just got a case last night for comparisons. Post back in a week or so.

So it's been on gas for 5 days including a shake carb which worked out well. My beer finished at 1.014 which seems thin compared to the real thing, maybe I should degas one for science. Mine needs more Munich I think and more of a dank dry and finishing hop. Troegs website only states Nugget for dry hop, I used Columbus and Simcoe as well per a "clone" recipe. Gonna email Troegs, see what they'll give me.

sivdrinks said:
So it's been on gas for 5 days including a shake carb which worked out well. My beer finished at 1.014 which seems thin compared to the real thing, maybe I should degas one for science. Mine needs more Munich I think and more of a dank dry and finishing hop. Troegs website only states Nugget for dry hop, I used Columbus and Simcoe as well per a "clone" recipe. Gonna email Troegs, see what they'll give me.

Checked the hydro sample this morning of last nights real NN sample, 1.017. I guess mash higher or start with a higher OG.

Not sure on a clone, but I hope this years NN is better than last years... Maybe it's just me, could be the brewery move they made, but I thought last years was really crappy

max129 said:
Thanks for the update. I'll probably replace a pound of the Pils with Munich. What temp did you mash at?

Around 150. I got 80% attenuation with a S05 yeast cake, YMMV.

Not sure on a clone, but I hope this years NN is better than last years... Maybe it's just me, could be the brewery move they made, but I thought last years was really crappy

I agree with you here. I think the move to the new system really affected the quality of last years NN. My buddy picked up some this weekend while in PA and said it's back to the delicious brew we all drool for.:rockin:

HopheadNJ said:
I agree with you here. I think the move to the new system really affected the quality of last years NN. My buddy picked up some this weekend while in PA and said it's back to the delicious brew we all drool for.:rockin:

You'll hafta wait till mid February to taste on draft, always better than bottles. But it is pretty good this year. I think we all need to remember that hops probably aren't identical to the previous years yield, kinda a big deal when hops are the focal point of a seasonal release.

You'll hafta wait till mid February to taste on draft, always better than bottles. But it is pretty good this year. I think we all need to remember that hops probably aren't identical to the previous years yield, kinda a big deal when hops are the focal point of a seasonal release.

I don't think hops were an issue last year. It had some hot fusel alcohol flavors that took away from the experience IMHO. Hopefully back to normal this year! :mug:

CityOChampBrew said:
enjoying my 1st of the year as we speak, it is definately back to a quality beer. :D

Still not what it was three years ago. Hopslam isn't as good either. Maybe our pallets are just burnt out or we're hop spoiled!

Back