Finger Lake Breweries/Micro-Breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pratzie

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna be up on the east side of Seneca picking up some cases of wine for some relatives for Christmas next weekend and would love to check out a few of the breweries in the area. I've been to Wagner but was wondering if anyone had any further suggestions.

After a quick check online I found Two Goats and GC Starkey. Any other "must see" breweries I should consider? I don't plan on hitting any of the other lakes except Seneca and will be mostly on the east side of the lake but don't have a problem hitting the west side if its worth the trip back up.

I've heard Two goats is worth a stop. I did like Wagners. I Can't think of any other breweries one the east side. Rooster Fish in Watkins is pretty good. I had dinner there a month or so ago. The food was pretty reasonable. I wish they had some bigger beers but what i tried was pretty good. I think I had a Nut brown and a Triple Witch.

The Wife and I did a brewery/winery trip in September. There are some pretty solid breweries up there. Over on Keuka, try Keuka brewing, probably 45 minutes from Watkins Glen, but worth the drive. All of their offerings were solid. Great Choc Stout. A Habenaro ale was killer, that was probably one of the best beers I can think of for a hot summer afternoon, or with Mexican Food. Red Ale and Pale were also solid. This was honestly my favorite of the 8 or so we stopped at, and not that far from Seneca.

War horse and Wagner were good, Rooster Fish in Watkins Glen, had a great belgian and one of the best hamburgers I have ever eaten. Brewery and the pub have different names Think it is like Crooked Rooster. Naked Dove was great too, they had a harvest ale that would peel the enamel off your teeth, they are totally worth the trip. Two Goats....great beef sandwiches.

Enjoy

Back