Old Brass Ten Tap Tower Restoration Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mredge73

Reaction score
My wife saw this 10 tap tower at the an Antique Mall and bought it for my birthday. (I love my wife!) Supposedly it was taken out of service from the local Bennigans when all in the area were shut down a few years ago. It needs some love and I will attempt to restore it to its former glory rather than piece it out for parts. It really will not take much, just needs some cleaning, new O-rings, new tubing, new insulation, and the rusted steel parts need to be replaced by brass. I will keep this thread updated if there is interest.

Anyone know what sizes internal O-Rings are required for these faucets?

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

Sweet score by the spousal unit! I'll definitely be looking forward to the resurrection :)

Going to take a big keezer to back all those faucets!

Speaking of which, are you going to stick with those faucets?
Perlick sells a brass-look stainless faucet that would really dress that baby up! And they're tarnish-free, which wouldn't suck considering how many you have there ;)
tn2_pl_525sstf_quarter011110183125.jpg

Cheers!

Plus one to the tarnish free taps I just ordered three from amazon they should be here tomorrow I can give you a heads up on the quality if you want. Three cost me 102.50.

My current house does not have room to really put this tower in service (no space for a 6-8 foot chest freezer) but we are going to be looking at houses next year and I will be looking for a brewery space.
I love my perlick faucets and will likely upgrade to them eventually, but that will be at the tail end of this project.
One other challenge will be to build a glycerol cooler if needed to keep the tower taps cool to reduce foaming; the tower is already set up to accept one.

Few tear down pictures, currently soaking in PBW to remove all the dry/sticky beer residue and spider nests.

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

Supposedly it was taken out of service from the local Bennigans when all in the area were shut down a few years ago.

Looks great! Can't wait to see it in action! Was this the Bennigans at the Baybrook mall?

Back