Not enough carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superfknmario

Reaction score
I sampled a beer on Saturday and it was just fine. Now, I sample another one today and its barely carbonated! I already moved all the bottles to the fridge this morning because I figured they were done.. So my question is.. Should I take them out of the cold and bring them back to room temperature? Is my beer ruined??

Your beer isn't ruined. You just jumped the gun. Bring them back to room temp and let them sit another couple weeks.

Could you have mixed the priming sugar improperly? How long were they in bottle? And yes you can take them out and condition them at 70 for longer.

I'd try at least one more - the one with no carb could have had an air leak with a bad seal or something.

Thanks guys.

I mix the priming sugar while siphoning the beer to the bottling bucket. I had no problems doing it that way in the past.

How long was the beer in primary and secondary? What's the alcohol level? What yeast is this? How much time did you leave it in the bottles before you chilled them all?

atreid said:
How long was the beer in primary and secondary? What's the alcohol level? What yeast is this? How much time did you leave it in the bottles before you chilled them all?

In primary for a little over two weeks and then in secondary for the same amount of time. Bottled and left for yet another two weeks before tasting.

OG was 1.065 and FG was 1.012 or so. I mentioned the yeast strain above.

I've already taken them out and plan on putting them back in the fridge the day before Thanksgiving. My goal is to drink them on Thanksgiving night, but I'm starting to feel that I'm rushing it. Patience has never been my strong suit, but I'm learning its necessary in this hobby

Yeah I usually leave 3 weeks for a minimum, but it is hard to wait that long I know. I'd say switch half them over to the fridge in 2 weeks and then wait another 4 weeks from that and switch some more over. Find out which taste the best to you, take notes and then you'll know how long to wait next time you make that recipe again in order to drink that beer in its prime.

Three weeks at 70 degrees is the baseline for most beers. Bigger beers or lower temps tend to take longer.

Back