8 oz coke bottles for wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdrum

Reaction score
i just came to my attention (i don't get around much) that Coca-Cola is selling glass 8 oz bottles of coke again with crown caps. sounds like a match made in heaven for the people who just want a little nip before bed!!!

i have a frend who buys them buy the case and is saving me some. i dont drink the stuff it has the same acid in it that they etch glass with.

jim

i just came to my attention (i don't get around much) that Coca-Cola is selling glass 8 oz bottles of coke again with crown caps. sounds like a match made in heaven for the people who just want a little nip before bed!!!

i have a frend who buys them buy the case and is saving me some. i dont drink the stuff it has the same acid in it that they etch glass with.

jim

Down here you can often get individual bottles of soda in glass; Coke, Pepsi, Sprite and Fanta. They're called "Mexican cokes" because that is in fact where they're made and they do not have HFCS in them. Coke the way you remember it tasting when you were a kid, before they started mucking around with it. I keep all those glass bottles.

The Mexican Coke bottles say "no return" (well, in Spanish) and I wonder if that means they'd not be ok for, say, a cider recipe?

In the US, in Oct 2012 the last returnable glass Coke bottle rolled down the conveyer belt.. http://www.care2.com/causes/mourning-the-death-of-the-returnable-glass-coke-bottle.html

I suspect the Mexico made CocaCola product glass bottles are non-returnable here in US because they are not being refilled here in US. Either use for home use, or recycle. I have been known to put SkeeterPee in them and steam juiced fruit juice. I can get all the bottles I want at the Mexican restaurant in my little town. (And available by the case at Costco, not sure about Sam's).

Back