New Glarus DIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duffbeer71

Reaction score
I live in the Chicagoland area and yesterday my wife was visiting her sister up near the Wisconsin border. They went up to the Mars cheese store and she happened upon a DIPA made by New Glarus Brewery in Wisconsin. I just cracked one open and my first initial taste said somewhat of a Hopslam taste. It's 85 IBUs, 9% ABV and a limited edition brew. She said there were others from New Glarus there as well. Has anyone else had a chance to try one?

OOOOO! Sounds good!

Thanks to a fellow HBT'r, I had the pleasure of a New Glarus Fat Squirrel. If their DIPA is of the same quality, it's gotta' be good.

Yeah, it's pretty tasty. I think it's just a one-off beer they did, so if you can find some, grab it while the grabbin's good! I'll defintitely be making a detour next time I'm in Wisconsin. Plus I think we might try to do a tour of their brewery this summer.

Duff, they have a special 4 pack every 3 months. Last year I had all 4 special brews that they released. Each one was great, a lambic beer, cherry stout, abby ale and an apple bracket. I've yet to try their new DIPA, but will be picking that up soon. New Glarus makes some great beers. Easily one of my favorite WI microbreweries.

We're hoping to make a trip to the brewery this summer too. Definitely going to give a few of their beers a try.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Latest posts

Back