Home Brewer TV #33... Water and Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluesssman

Reaction score
A new episode of Home Brewer TV is now airing. We look at the basics of water chemistry and what effects it has on home brewing. Growing hops can be great fun and we start our hops segments with the planting of hops. Plus two more beers are tasted in the Tasting Room.

www.homebrewerTV.com

Let me know what you think!!!

Gary

Another good show. After watching the water segment in particular,It seems that natural spring water was a good choice for my pale ale. Flavor is a bit malty,with some hops on the back to balance it out. The tap water I used in my previous batch of pale ale left a bit of quinine-like bitterness way down in the finish. Avery good subject for discussion & experimentation.
Sometimes I think that's another reason we love home brewing...we get to experiment with one of life's greatest treasures-BEER!

Another good show. After watching the water segment in particular,It seems that natural spring water was a good choice for my pale ale. Flavor is a bit malty,with some hops on the back to balance it out. The tap water I used in my previous batch of pale ale left a bit of quinine-like bitterness way down in the finish. Avery good subject for discussion & experimentation.
Sometimes I think that's another reason we love home brewing...we get to experiment with one of life's greatest treasures-BEER!

Your pale ale sounds really good!! Glad you are enjoying the show!!

Gary

I have seen all 33. Got to say that I think they are improving each time. I think this episode was one the best.

Also in the tasting room segment you have been pouring perfect pints in the last few episodes. Good job.

Thanks guys!! I keep trying to improve the show and I am always open to suggestions!!

Gary

Back