Seriously?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bovineblitz

Reaction score
I had just set my full dinner plate down and decided to pour myself a beer to go with my meal. So I grabbed a glass from the cabinet and proceeded to pour a delicious Southern Tier Pale Ale into it, and...

dscn1479s.jpg

Seriously? I heard it start to crack so set it down immediately out of fear and it just split in half, perfectly cleanly. Beer everywhere. What the hell???? The glass wasn't even warm.

That is insane! I've never seen a glass split in half like that under any circumstances, let alone just doing it for no reason!

That is something else. I'm not normally superstitious but I would take that as an omen, man!!

2012?! That man wearing a diaper screaming at me from the back alley was right!!

Seriously though, that's strange. I've never heard/seen that happen before.

What? Should you stick a beer in the Virgin Mary's Crack? Front or back?? Have I misread something?

I see you had a Cambridge Brewing glass and you tried to pour a NY beer into there. That's like having the Yankees bunk up in the Red Sox locker room. Should've seen it coming really...

I've actually had something similar happen before, except it broke the other way. The bottom part of the glass broke off and hit the floor.

beer and glass went everywhere.

Did you steal said glass? Could be some sort of self-destruction defense mechanism. Might not have happened if you poored a CBC beer into it.

This thread is really making me want some Cerise Cassee right about now...

Really?!? Elaborate, please! (preferably with pics)

I was thinking that too... I've only had mine break when I've done something stupid, which granted IS common, but it usually doesn't involve pint glasses.

I've actually had that happen before. Probably 10 years ago? At a restaurant the waiter set down a glass of iced tea and it just split right down the middle.

Dude that looks like this was the Devil's work. If you need any more proof, this was your post #666. Maybe if you drink Duvel instead of Southern Tier Pale Ale, the Devil may like it a little better?

the last time I had one break, it was a pinter I nick'd 40 years ago
the bottom fell off. Lucky it was early, and I was smart enough to lick it up and not cut my tongue to bad

Really?!? Elaborate, please! (preferably with pics)

Unfortuantely I didn't think to carry my camera all those years in the restaurant biz.
To elaborate: if one looks solely at the random and unexpected failure of a pint glass, this particular failure occurs about 50% of the time.

I for one think you're lucky. When I have to clean up a broken glass, I need a broom and a dustpan. Look at it like the glass is half... umm... together.:drunk:

Unfortuantely I didn't think to carry my camera all those years in the restaurant biz.
To elaborate: if one looks solely at the random and unexpected failure of a pint glass, this particular failure occurs about 50% of the time.

I've been in this biz for 14 years myself and have only seen this happen once. Amazingly on that occasion, the glass remained in tact. I would certainly classify this in the "uncommon" category.

Back