Material for square false bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psi3000

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just got a 16gal square cooler to turn into a lauter turn. I bought a round false bottom but it will not fit. I saw somewhere on the internet, but can not find it again, a cooler just like mine with a metal peice with holes that was perfect for the false bottom. But I dont know what kind of material it was. Does anyone know the picture and website of which I saw mabe. Or does anyone have an idea of what it could have been?
thanks

Round Hole Stainless Perforated Sheet 304
Dimensions
Dimension Name Value
Thickness 0.036"
Hole Size 0.0625"
Stagger 0.125"

$47 for a 12x24" sheet seems so steep to me. This is exactly why I chose to batch sparge using a 18" stainless braid.

I used the size thinner than that with slightly larger holes, Bobby:

Thickness 0.03"
Hole Size 0.09375"
Stagger 0.15625"

It's quite a bit cheaper and is exactly the same material as the domed false bottoms from More Beer. I paid a little over $30 for a custom cut of 14"x17."

thanks for the fast posts guys. Ill look into it, see if Lows has it or Home Depot. I already have a plastic false bottom for a circular cooler but cant find a 10 gal one only a 5gal one. Any ideas?
thanks

Look at the false bottom in the cooler in my gallery. I got the plastic sheeting at a hobby store for $1.50 It works excellent.

Back