Kegging Q

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidRex

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to kegging and have a question about aging. I currently have 2 corny's in my fridge now along with my CO2 tank. I have been carbing at 30psi for 2days in the fridge and then backing down to serving pressure and let it age. Now if I add another keg and want to keg age outside of my fridge, how would I do that since my tank is in the fridge? Could I just put 30psi on the keg, disconnect, let it sit outside of the fridge, and then repressurize a few times until I have space in the fridge?

Why don't you take the tank out of the fridge and put in a bulkhead? Then you can use if for inside and out

Yes, that would work. It takes 10 or more re-pressurizations, because there isn't much head space for each CO2 charge, but it works. Consider priming it with corn sugar, since it will be relatively warm and you're planning on giving it enough conditioning time anyway.

cnapierala said:
I have heard you can hook it up to co2 and shake it to help inject? Anyone tried this?

I have done it with mixed results...One time everything turned out ok...the other time I overcarbed it.

Back